cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JackieZhu
Level: Powered On

Stop flow to automatically adding apply to each

Hi There,

I followed exactly what this instruction does. Everything work fine until I am reaching the last step to send email with options. I notied this apply to each 2 is automatically generated when I input dynamic field "title".

Anyone can help? Thank you so much!

https://flow.microsoft.com/es-es/blog/multiple-attachments-single-email/

Untitled.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Super User
Super User

Re: Stop flow to automatically adding apply to each

HI @JackieZhu 

I see you are triggering the flow using the For a Selected Item trigger. The next action you used is "Get Items" are you trying to get mulitple items? If not, I would suggest you to remove the get items action and put the get item action over there. The "value" that is coming up and creating the apply to each loop is because the action Get Items returns a List of items in an array and if you just want to get a particular item, you must use Get Item action. 

Hope this Helps!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Hi @JackieZhu 

I see that in the last action (send email with options) you are trying to input the title from the dynamic selector and looks like this is coming from a List of sharepoint items/ attachments. Can you post a screenhot of the entire flow so that we can assist you better? 

Thanks, 

JackieZhu

Hi yashag2255!

Thanks for replying. Please see below for my full flow. Bacially this flow is designed to get approvals from people. The requestor will need to create a list on sharepoint and this list will send to approvor to approve/reject. There will also be multiple attachments. So I followed the instruction above to do it.

Here is the full list of my flow:

When I enter any dynamic seletction (e.g "title") in "send email with option" step, it will automatically add step "apply to each 2“. Also "value" is automatically added as well. Not sure why this is happenning...

1.JPG捕获.JPG

Super User
Super User

HI @JackieZhu 

I see you are triggering the flow using the For a Selected Item trigger. The next action you used is "Get Items" are you trying to get mulitple items? If not, I would suggest you to remove the get items action and put the get item action over there. The "value" that is coming up and creating the apply to each loop is because the action Get Items returns a List of items in an array and if you just want to get a particular item, you must use Get Item action. 

Hope this Helps!

View solution in original post

JackieZhu

Hi @yashag2255 ,

This helps! I changed it to "Get Item" and now it's wokring perfect.

Thank you for your effort and time on this!

Jackie

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Watch the event on demand for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform 2019 Release Wave 2 Plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020.

thirdimage

Flow Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Flow Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 69 members 3,657 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: