cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Update Excelonline table when sharepoint list is modified

Hi all

Background: SP list is updated,i.e. row added or deleted or a field is modified. I have created an Excel with query, modifiy then in this excel table the list (do calculations etc, pivots, diagrams). Unfortunately updating this table in Excel online is not possible (Error query to sharepoint lists is not supported in Excel online).

My idea: My table is always uptodate because I flow modifications from the sharepoint list. Also refresh data is then possible.

Bad: I have no clue how to do this in flow. Hopefully someone can help.

Best regards,

Daniel

SPtoExcel.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Re: Update Excelonline table when sharepoint list is modified

Everything you've listed is available within Flow through the various connectors and built-in functionlity. Flow Templates are available for nearly exactly what you're seeking to do, including this one. Even if a template isn't exactly what you need, you can use and test it to figure out how to build it within your Flow(s).

Also, Microsoft provides free training module that everyone who uses Flow should work their way through, they only take about five hours in total and teach you the basic building blocks to succeed with Flow. 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Super User II
Super User II

Everything you've listed is available within Flow through the various connectors and built-in functionlity. Flow Templates are available for nearly exactly what you're seeking to do, including this one. Even if a template isn't exactly what you need, you can use and test it to figure out how to build it within your Flow(s).

Also, Microsoft provides free training module that everyone who uses Flow should work their way through, they only take about five hours in total and teach you the basic building blocks to succeed with Flow. 

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered. Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up. THANKS!

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Hi Brad

Thank you very much and you're absolutely right. Of course I was searching the forums, just to defend that I wasn't lazy 🙂 

I also can do everything as single flow without taking care of a decision tree.

Best,

Daniel

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,972)