cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
harrydimi
Frequent Visitor

Update SharePoint Item : Could not parse taxonomy value when updating a particular taxonomy field

Two of my flows started failing with the error in the title.  Both flows used to work fine . I've created a new test list/ flow and tried the update item action - that worked just fine. On the same test list I've tried adding a specific managed metadata field that exists in the "problematic" lists and now the problem returned. Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @harrydimi,

 

The issue is confirmed on my side,

and my product team is working on to fix the issue, if the issue is solved, I will reply here.

 

 

 

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
thomaswidmer
Frequent Visitor

I am encountering the same error since today 7 a.m. CEST with several flow that run through without problems for months.

 

Is there a problem with taxonomiy service?

Acutally, I am encountering the problem on several tenants. There is a problem with taxonomy service!

SylvieLet17
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Same issue!

 

 

WimvanDelft
Frequent Visitor

I have the same issue since today...

Bestebreurtje
Helper I
Helper I

Does anyone have a status update?

 

 

harrydimi
Frequent Visitor

I've done some further testing with a very simple flow. 

 

This flow is triggered manually gets a particular item and updates it .. as you can see it fails, the list has a managed metadata field called "Deal Name".

 

FlowCapture.PNG

 

However if I click on the update item and select "Advanced Options" and select a view that does not include the managed metadata "Deal Name" field  ...

 

flow2.jpg

 

And run the flow again... then it runs just fine.

 

flow3.PNG

 

 

This looks like a bug to me .

Anonymous
Not applicable

My Flow doesn't even want to run with a view that has no taxonomy fields, trying to update multiple lines of text.

 

 

 

 

 

harrydimi
Frequent Visitor

I think I have a temporary workaround , I logged on to the  Flow Admin Centre (https://admin.flow.microsoft.com) and created a new flow environment (in the UK region - not sure if it matters). I then manually exported all my flows as packages and imported on the new environment.

 

It's a painful process because all the connections need to be recreated but at least the flows now work.

Have you previously tested with a mmd field in this step?  If so, you have to delete the current step and add it again. 

 

 

Thanks for your reply. Changing the view to a view with non MMD columns works (Delete step and create an new one andselect view without MMD field)  but I want to modify some MMD fields in a list with Flow? 

 

 

I thought this was possible?

 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome, that workaround:


@Bestebreurtje wrote:

Have you previously tested with a mmd field in this step?  If so, you have to delete the current step and add it again. 

 

 



worked perfectly. Thanks.

 

Lets await a final fix.

KK-Kalinga
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello,

 

MS is aware of the issue and we are checking internally with the Prod. team and will provide an update here.

 

Thanks!

KK-Kalinga
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello,

 

MS is aware of the issue and checking internally with the team and will provide you an update.

 

Thanks!

KK-Kalinga
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello,

 

We checked with the Product team. The issue is escalated and is being treated with high severity.

The fix would be available in the next couple of days.

 

We would keep you updated.

 

Thanks!

v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @harrydimi,

 

The issue is confirmed on my side,

and my product team is working on to fix the issue, if the issue is solved, I will reply here.

 

 

 

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

Solara79
Frequent Visitor

We are having the same issue. I followed the steps to create a view without MMD, deleted the step in the flow and added same one again with the new "flow view" and it worked. Waiting for an update on the issue. 

Our site is on the European servers I work from the US and yesterday my time afternoon/evening hours I had issues with connections in flow.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there,

 

My FLOW's are also experiencing the same issue. My client has escalated to Microsoft. The workaround works for me as well. However this I also have a Create Item action and cannot workaround this as there are MMD fields in the create that needs to be mapped.

 

Hopefully this will get fixed soon.

 

Angela

 

 

KK-Kalinga
Microsoft
Microsoft

Hello Everyone,

 

The Product team has deployed the fix.

This issue is resolved now, please check on your end and mark it as resolved if there are no issues.

 

Thanks!

Khushbu

v-yuazh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @harrydimi,

 

 

As @KK-Kalinga said,The issue is fixed.

 

I have made a test on my side, the flow would works now.

Please make a test on your side, and let me know if your issue could be solved.

 

 

Best regards,

Alice

Helpful resources

Announcements
MPA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Top Solution Authors
Users online (1,353)