cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
harrydimi
Level: Powered On

Update SharePoint Item : Could not parse taxonomy value when updating a particular taxonomy field

Two of my flows started failing with the error in the title.  Both flows used to work fine . I've created a new test list/ flow and tried the update item action - that worked just fine. On the same test list I've tried adding a specific managed metadata field that exists in the "problematic" lists and now the problem returned. Any thoughts?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Update SharePoint Item : Could not parse taxonomy value when updating a particular taxonomy fie

Hi @harrydimi,

The issue is confirmed on my side,

and my product team is working on to fix the issue, if the issue is solved, I will reply here.

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
thomaswidmer

Re: Update SharePoint Item : Could not parse taxonomy value when updating a particular taxonomy fie

I am encountering the same error since today 7 a.m. CEST with several flow that run through without problems for months.

Is there a problem with taxonomiy service?

thomaswidmer

Acutally, I am encountering the problem on several tenants. There is a problem with taxonomy service!

SylvieLet17
Level 8

Same issue!

WimvanDelft

I have the same issue since today...

Bestebreurtje

Does anyone have a status update?

harrydimi

I've done some further testing with a very simple flow. 

This flow is triggered manually gets a particular item and updates it .. as you can see it fails, the list has a managed metadata field called "Deal Name".

FlowCapture.PNG

However if I click on the update item and select "Advanced Options" and select a view that does not include the managed metadata "Deal Name" field  ...

flow2.jpg

And run the flow again... then it runs just fine.

flow3.PNG

This looks like a bug to me .

grofinJarryd

My Flow doesn't even want to run with a view that has no taxonomy fields, trying to update multiple lines of text.

harrydimi

I think I have a temporary workaround , I logged on to the  Flow Admin Centre (https://admin.flow.microsoft.com) and created a new flow environment (in the UK region - not sure if it matters). I then manually exported all my flows as packages and imported on the new environment.

It's a painful process because all the connections need to be recreated but at least the flows now work.

Bestebreurtje

Have you previously tested with a mmd field in this step?  If so, you have to delete the current step and add it again. 

Bestebreurtje

Thanks for your reply. Changing the view to a view with non MMD columns works (Delete step and create an new one andselect view without MMD field)  but I want to modify some MMD fields in a list with Flow? 

I thought this was possible?

grofinJarryd

Awesome, that workaround:

@Bestebreurtje wrote:

Have you previously tested with a mmd field in this step?  If so, you have to delete the current step and add it again. 

worked perfectly. Thanks.

Lets await a final fix.

KK-Kalinga

Hello,

MS is aware of the issue and we are checking internally with the Prod. team and will provide an update here.

Thanks!

KK-Kalinga

Hello,

MS is aware of the issue and checking internally with the team and will provide you an update.

Thanks!

KK-Kalinga

Hello,

We checked with the Product team. The issue is escalated and is being treated with high severity.

The fix would be available in the next couple of days.

We would keep you updated.

Thanks!

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @harrydimi,

The issue is confirmed on my side,

and my product team is working on to fix the issue, if the issue is solved, I will reply here.

Best regards,

Alice

View solution in original post

Solara79

We are having the same issue. I followed the steps to create a view without MMD, deleted the step in the flow and added same one again with the new "flow view" and it worked. Waiting for an update on the issue. 

Our site is on the European servers I work from the US and yesterday my time afternoon/evening hours I had issues with connections in flow.

AnG3L

Hi there,

My FLOW's are also experiencing the same issue. My client has escalated to Microsoft. The workaround works for me as well. However this I also have a Create Item action and cannot workaround this as there are MMD fields in the create that needs to be mapped.

Hopefully this will get fixed soon.

Angela

KK-Kalinga

Hello Everyone,

The Product team has deployed the fix.

This issue is resolved now, please check on your end and mark it as resolved if there are no issues.

Thanks!

Khushbu

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @harrydimi,

As @KK-Kalinga said,The issue is fixed.

I have made a test on my side, the flow would works now.

Please make a test on your side, and let me know if your issue could be solved.

Best regards,

Alice

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 222 members 5,524 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: