cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JonMoore86
Frequent Visitor

Update document properties from Excel

Hi all,

Struggling to work out what to do next here...  I've got a flow where I need to update 4 property fields in a SharePoint document library for an excel file as soon as it is uploaded. 

So far, I've got the trigger to run as soon as a new file is uploaded, access the excel file and create a 2 column, 4 row table (5 with headers) which contains the data I need.  I then run the 'list row present in a table' step to get all of the data I need.

Next step - I need to know how to enter the 4 pieces of data into the corresponding property fields... when I try to run an apply-to-each using the output from 'list rows...' I do not see the field names from my table.  Clearly I've missed a step or I'm going about this the wrong way - can anyone lend a hand?

Many thanks in advance!Flow_1.pngFlow_2.pngTable_Data.pngTable_in_Excel .pngFields_to_Update.png

2 REPLIES 2
HenWang
Employee
Employee

Hi @JonMoore86 ,

To get the field names from your table, you need to create table in below way:

HenWang_1-1685672322748.png

Then you will have these for field and put inside the dynamic content from SharePoint list.

BR,

Hen Wang

JonMoore86
Frequent Visitor

Thanks so much for your response - unfortunately the data is already laid out vertically by my user as below - is there no way of extracting the rows as they currently stand?  Maybe I could put them into a variable or something like that?

Project Name:Jon Test Project
Project Number :JT001
Review for Period:MAY-23
Financial Year: 23-24

Helpful resources

Announcements

Hear what's next for the Power Up Program

Hear from Principal Program Manager, Dimpi Gandhi, to discover the latest enhancements to the Microsoft #PowerUpProgram, including a new accelerated video-based curriculum crafted with the expertise of Microsoft MVPs, Rory Neary and Charlie Phipps-Bennett. If you’d like to hear what’s coming next, click the link below to sign up today! https://aka.ms/PowerUp  

Check out the Copilot Studio Cookbook today!

We are excited to announce our new Copilot Cookbook Gallery in the Copilot Studio Community. We can't wait for you to share your expertise and your experience!    Join us for an amazing opportunity where you'll be one of the first to contribute to the Copilot Cookbook—your ultimate guide to mastering Microsoft Copilot. Whether you're seeking inspiration or grappling with a challenge while crafting apps, you probably already know that Copilot Cookbook is your reliable assistant, offering a wealth of tips and tricks at your fingertips--and we want you to add your expertise. What can you "cook" up?   Click this link to get started: https://aka.ms/CS_Copilot_Cookbook_Gallery   Don't miss out on this exclusive opportunity to be one of the first in the Community to share your app creation journey with Copilot. We'll be announcing a Cookbook Challenge very soon and want to make sure you one of the first "cooks" in the kitchen.   Don't miss your moment--start submitting in the Copilot Cookbook Gallery today!     Thank you,  Engagement Team

Tuesday Tip | How to Report Spam in Our Community

It's time for another TUESDAY TIPS, your weekly connection with the most insightful tips and tricks that empower both newcomers and veterans in the Power Platform Community! Every Tuesday, we bring you a curated selection of the finest advice, distilled from the resources and tools in the Community. Whether you’re a seasoned member or just getting started, Tuesday Tips are the perfect compass guiding you across the dynamic landscape of the Power Platform Community.   As our community family expands each week, we revisit our essential tools, tips, and tricks to ensure you’re well-versed in the community’s pulse. Keep an eye on the News & Announcements for your weekly Tuesday Tips—you never know what you may learn!   Today's Tip: How to Report Spam in Our Community We strive to maintain a professional and helpful community, and part of that effort involves keeping our platform free of spam. If you encounter a post that you believe is spam, please follow these steps to report it: Locate the Post: Find the post in question within the community.Kebab Menu: Click on the "Kebab" menu | 3 Dots, on the top right of the post.Report Inappropriate Content: Select "Report Inappropriate Content" from the menu.Submit Report: Fill out any necessary details on the form and submit your report.   Our community team will review the report and take appropriate action to ensure our community remains a valuable resource for everyone.   Thank you for helping us keep the community clean and useful!

Users online (2,773)