Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Barber_Chris
Level: Powered On

Update outlook calendar event after manager approval

Hi everyone,

I have a flow for our employees to request approval for annual leave. If approved it creates an event in there calendar and sets up automatic replies on there email. It all works fine when i run it but when someone else runs it they gett an error at Create Event. Can anyone see what the issue is? I have checked the connectors and they are all set to "Provided by user". The error reported is 

"status": 404,
"message": "The specified object was not found in the store.\r\nclientRequestId: 0baf2c08-b30f-4e11-beef-12651a5cc638\r\nserviceRequestId: 6827d451-eb51-48a1-8b8b-96befc306913",
"source": "office365-uks.logic-ase-uksouth.p.azurewebsites.net"

Capture.1PNG.PNGCapture2.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Update outlook calendar event after manager approval

Hi @Barber_Chris,

It seems that you are sharing Flow as a Team flow to other users.

Do you mean creating events in their own calendar?

You could try to fix them by following the method below:

• First of all, if it is the Flow you share, although the other user’s Flow automatically switch to their own connection when the Flow is executed, Calendar id configured in the action is still the one you originally configured.
  • Calendar id here is uniquely identified, although it shows "Calendar", which is actually similar to a GUID. So the information in their connection does not match, and a similar error occurs.

16.PNG

• If Flow would create an event in their own calendar, then other users need to reconfigure Create event(V2) action.
  • Use their own account to configure the connection for this action, and re-select the corresponding Calendar id.
  • Save the Flow, then run flow to check if there is still a similar error.

Please take a try.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Barber_Chris
Level: Powered On

Hi,

Many thanks for your reply. Yes i am sharing a flow which is creatred by me.

I understand now what you mean about the calendar still been linked to my personal calendar which is why it isnt working. 

I have linked the flow to a sharepoint site so everyone in the organisation can request leave from the site. So i need someohow for the flow to identify who is using there flow and what there outlook calendar is. 

Any help would be much appreciated.

REgards,

Chris

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Barber_Chris,

First, if you want to use their own calendar, then Create event action must use their own account to configure the connection and reconfigure Calendar id.

Regarding "identify who is using there flow", you could use When an item is created as the trigger, and then Created by output contains the information of the user that triggered the Flow.

In addition, there seems to be no way to get information about the user's outlook calendar.

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _ Barry
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

firstImage

Incoming: New and improved badges!

We've given our badges an overhaul and also added some brand new ones!

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

seventhimage

Webinars & Video Gallery

Watch & learn from the Power Automate Community Video Gallery!

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 411 members 6,809 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: