Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Yammer workflows

Anyone done any work with the Yammer connectors

What I am trying to do is capture the following

When a new message is created in a group

On an eternal network (Which is attached to our tenant) 

Capture the name, email address and link when someone posts. 

I don't care about the replies I want to drop those message types only the initial posts required. 

What I am doing so far is creating a simple flow to pull back all the data from a message, plus the user details.

Then sending that to an email. Just so I can see what I need.

The get user action fails even though it successfully got the user id from the get message step.

The payload in the Get message step does not appear to contain the persons name just ID. Which I have checked is my ID on the external network 

Now this works if I run it from an internal Yammer group. It returns a different ID but all the details are there. 

So what I am assuming is the Get user step has no way to distinguish between networks as the ID is different so takes the internal one by default and fails.  As that ID does not exist on the internal network. 

There does not appear to be an option to redirect that step to a different network. 

The end idea is to populate a SharePoint list with new post info. It is for a shared marketplace type group for all the people in our building to post. Then I can use the SharePoint lit to provide the latest post information from a list on the intranet. 

This is because the Yammer SharePoint parts do not support external networks. 😞 The Classic mode conversations does but no options to customise and the Yammer classic does not support embedding with iframe using the embed part. 

Any ideas welcome

The flow fails on the Get user details with an error 2020-09-17 16_35_37-Run History _ Power Automate.png

2020-09-17 16_32_51-Edit your flow _ Power Automate.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

Tech Marathon

Maratón de Soluciones de Negocio Microsoft

Una semana de contenido con +100 sesiones educativas, consultorios, +10 workshops Premium, Hackaton, EXPO, Networking Hall y mucho más!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,876)