cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

error 400 when creating excel worksheet

My flow is saying i have an error 400 but i can't figure out where to fix it. please help!

Screen Shot 2018-06-08 at 12.51.19 PM.png

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Could you please share a screenshot of your flow's configuration?

Do you add a "Create worksheet" action of Excel Online (Business) connector or Excel Online (OneDrive) connector within your flow?

The error message told that the parameters that you provided within the "Create worksheet" action of your flow is invalid. I have made a test on my side and don't have the issue that you mentioned. My flow's configuration as below:

• The "Create worksheet" action of Excel Online (Business) connector:

1.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:

2.JPG

• The "Create worksheet" action of Excel Online (OneDrive) connector:3.JPG

The flow works successfully as below:2.JPG

Please check if you have provided proper values within the "Create worksheet" action of your flow.

In addition, please check if the connection to the "Create worksheet" action within your flow is invalid, if yes, please update the connection to the "Create worksheet" action, then check if the issue is solved.

More details about updating connection in Microsoft Flow, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/flow/add-manage-connections#update-a-connection

You could also re-add a new connection to the "Create worksheet" action or re-create your flow to check if the issue is solved on your side.

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

If there is a connection error, i dont see it/ can't find it. It was making a worksheet page just fine earlier. Could there be anything with my level of access to the business drive? They had to update me to admin to allow me to make a worksheet in  Excel Online (Business). I am trying to create a worksheet in an excel drive in a sharepoint folder. It worked the first few times i tried and then i have tried changing slight things and it just won't work anymore... 

Screen Shot 2018-06-11 at 9.36.24 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-06-11 at 9.40.12 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-06-11 at 9.38.03 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-06-11 at 9.36.35 AM.pngScreen Shot 2018-06-11 at 9.35.55 AM.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

So i have done some more trial and error. I figured out that when i try to make the worksheet name using Dynamic Information it will give me an error code. But if i do not put dynamic content and just type something myself, it works. But the issue after that is that if i run the flow subsequently, it cannot create multiple worksheets with the same name, which is what is happening if i am unable to use dynamic content. 

Why can i not use Dynamic Content as my title for creating a new worksheet in an existing excel document?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

New Super Users

Meet the Power Automate Super Users!

Many congratulations to the Season 1 2021 Flownaut Crew!

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Power Platform: 2021 Release Wave 1 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 1 describes all new features releasing from April through September 2021.

MPA Community Blog

Power Automate Community Blog

Check out the community blog page where you can find valuable learning material from community and product team members!

Users online (26,915)