cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Super User
Super User

Auth error and O365Users.DirectManagerV2 error

Hey gang... I couple oddities for your assistance this morning.

1.  I have an app which runs perfectly under Chrome, runs but did throw an error once in IE (more about that in #2), but will not run under Edge.  I have tried both running from the web link directly as well as simply choosing Play from make.powerapps.com and both get an autherror. It just cycles between the color of my loading screen without the icon (running apps.powerapps.com/play/....) and a blank white screen running (apps.powerapps.com/auth/....) before finally dying and giving me https://apps.powerapps.com/play/autherror ("Sorry there's been a disconnect").  Is this an environment problem?  And if so, any hints on what I need to get the Admin to change?

2.  In IE11, the  very first time I attempted to run the same app, it got an error from O365Users.DirectManagerV2.  Since that first failure it has worked correctly every time with no error.  Another first time user reported the same behavior.  What might be causing a first time failure like this?  I don't want to have to tell all 5000+ users they will get an error the first time and then everything will be OK.  😞 

Here's the statement, which runs as part of the On Visible action during the opening of the first screen.  CurrentUserEmail is set during the OnStart for the app.  

ClearCollect(DirectReports,Office365Users.DirectReportsV2(CurrentUserEmail).value); 

DMError.png

Insights appreciated.  I have a meeting with the IT folks in about an hour and if there are changes I need to get them to make, it would be great to know before the call.

Thanks,

LRVinNC

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Re: Auth error and O365Users.DirectManagerV2 error

Hi @LRVinNC 

If(!IsBlank(User().Email),ClearCollect(DirectReports,Office365Users.DirectReportsV2(User().Email).value) )

will work and set the collection up

So looks like when we set data in a variable, PA probably takes some time to load the data in and in the meanwhile the Onvisible fires and since that variable is still populating it is empty and hence the error

so for the OnVisible just use

If(!IsBlank(User().Email),ClearCollect(DirectReports,Office365Users.DirectReportsV2(User().Email).value) )

and your issue will be solved

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

View solution in original post

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @LRVinNC 

for IE ensure

"https://login.microsoftonline.com", "https://create.powerapps.com", and "https://*.create.powerapps.comare in the security zone

also add

"https://make.powerapps.com", and "https://*.make.powerapps.com

This worked for me in IE

16 REPLIES 16
Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @LRVinNC 

CurrentUserEmail - when are you setting this?

Is this being run in Concurrent with the DirectReports collection?

Super User
Super User

CurrentUserEmail is set as the VERY first statement in the OnStart and is not part of a Concurrent statement.

Set(CurrentUserEmail,User().Email);

The query to DirectManager is in the OnVisible for the opening screen and also not part of a Concurrent sttement.

Since the OnStart is supposed to be executed before the OnVisible of the screen begins to execute, there *should* not  be a timing issue and random order can't be an issue because they aren't in a Concurrent.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@LRVinNC 

Just tested this

exactly same issue for me

now checking ....

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @LRVinNC 

Looks like some timing issue

If(!IsBlank(CurrentUserEmail),ClearCollect(DirectReports,Office365Users.DirectReportsV2(CurrentUserEmail).value) )

on onvsible and it worked 

can u try this

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @LRVinNC 

will work and set the collection up

So looks like when we set data in a variable, PA probably takes some time to load the data in and in the meanwhile the Onvisible fires and since that variable is still populating it is empty and hence the error

so for the OnVisible just use

and your issue will be solved

Regards,

Reza Dorrani

Super User
Super User

@RezaDorrani  Thanks. Actually didn't mean to accept that yet as the solution, although it makes sense as the solution to #2.  I was reaching for the reply button and missed. 🙂

Did this fix #1 or #2 for you?  It did not fix #1 for me.  Any further thoughts there?

Unfortunately,  I can't test #2 because after the first failure, it has never failed again for me, odd as that may sound.   I will have to find another user who has never accessed the app and have them try it for me on IE11.

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

@LRVinNC 

for #1 I will have to see if I can reproduce this error at my end

So far I have had no such issues

In IE or edge can you try and run the test in incognito mode

Dual Super User
Dual Super User

Hi @LRVinNC 

for solution to #1

check this

It has to do with IE security settings

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-PowerApps-Formerly/Unable-to-create-new-app/td-p/28030

Super User
Super User

InPrivate browsing in Edge does not resolve problem #1.  But I just tried another app under Edge and it fails too so it seems to be an issue with Edge and PowerApps playing nice together.  Ever heard of anything like that?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 257 members 5,097 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: