cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jehrenfeld
Level: Powered On

Creating a Calendar event as an attachment

I need to be able to create a calendar event attachment and send it to a flow as an attachment. The calendar event will be sent to several people. I am currently using Flow to create the calendar event, however, this is not working because you have to select a Calendar ID in the flow and not everyone has the same calendar ID. I was thinking about passing the calendarID as a parameter to the Flow, but I do not know how to get the calendarID for each person. So, the alternative is to create an calender event attachment in PowerApps, pass that to Flow and attach it to my email notification. But I don't know who to do that.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Creating a Calendar event as an attachment

Hi @jehrenfeld,

I am not aware of any function or control that will be able to create a calendar event attachment in PowerApps, would you please share more details about what you would like to achieve about that?

To Get the current user Calendar ID, we could take use of the formula below:

LookUp(Office365.CalendarGetTables().value,DisplayName="Calendar",Name)

The function above would only get the Calendar ID of the Calendar named with "Calendar " for the current user.

Creating Events in Calendar requires access to the corresponding MailBox, while a user account is restricted to his own Mail account, and with Microsoft Flow, it is only available to create Event for the added connections.

In other words, it is not available to create events for other users using Microsoft Flow or PowerApps.

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
jehrenfeld
Level: Powered On

Re: Creating a Calendar event as an attachment

I've created a Travel Request Approval app that lets a manager approve a request to travel. The manager, who is using the app, is approving travel for one or more employees on the same trip. When the manager clicks Approve I call a Microsoft Flow that updates the status of the record in the database, then sends an email to ALL employees that are on the trip. I have the email addresses of all the employees on the trip. What I need to do is create a calendar event for all those employees OR create one calendar event and send to all employees on the trip. The issue I am having is not all users has the calendar ID name of Calendar. When I created my Flow I had to select a calendar ID. The choices to select from our tied to my Calendar ID. So when I try to create a calendar event for all the employees on the trip, the Flow fails if one of the users does not have a calendar ID called Calendar. My last option is to call REST service that I created that I use currently, however, I am having a hard time getting my REST service to work in Flow

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,733)