cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BirkSchmitz
Level: Powered On

Does the prospect to cash scenario works as planned?

What do I mean?

We are using the common data model to feed other system with the "When a record is updated"-trigger in Logic Apps.
We are getting data into the CDS with the prospect to cash scenario (synchronise data between D365fO and the CDS).
So far so good.

My expectation is:

1. When I change in D365fO one record, after synchronisation CDS mark it as modified
  2. When I dont change records in D365fO, after synchronisation CDS information aren't updated (not modified)

What really happens:

Everytime I start the sync all CDS records will be mark as modified, but I haven't changed them.

This leads me to the question..

..do I misunderstand the common data model/service?

Kind regards,

Birk

3 REPLIES 3
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Does the prospect to cash scenario works as planned?

Hi @BirkSchmitz,

Can you share your detailed configuration of the Flow triggred by the app?

Also, you cannot actually synchronise data between D365fO and the CDS as this is 2 way thing but flow can only do it one way.

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
BirkSchmitz

Hey @v-monli-msft,

I agree with you that the CDS can only "export" data via flows, thats clear so far.

The foreign/third party system would e.g. generate a new record directly on D365fO (via OData), so next sync would push the data into CDS.

But my message was about the export trigger "When a record is updated" itself, which mark existing record in the CDS as modified when the synchronisation is running. But I don't change any record on D365fO side.

My setup:
01Task

01Task
02Connection
02_Connection
03Execution1of2
03_Execution1of2
03Execution2of2
03_Execution2of2

What I additonally can say the modified timespamp in the data view of the vendor entity, was set to the time of sync.
That implements that the trigger would run for each record although no one record was modified in D365fO.
So I would give you some overviews of the logic app and the execution but this stupid project killed my whole MSDN credit for Azure.

If you need a more detailed description let me know.

Thank you for your feedback, Mona!

Kind regards,
Birk

BirkSchmitz

I got a response of the PRINCIPAL PROGRAM MANAGER of Microsoft in another forum:
"Prospect to Cash uses bulk APIs to upload data. So, it avoids the trigger logic by default. We can enable this but have not currently done so."

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 467 members 5,710 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: