cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shrinkTech
Level: Powered On

Edit screen not updating on opening first time

Hi

I have SharePoint list on which I am customising the powerapps. I have created powerapps only by controls and no forms.

Now all works.. saving works.. editing works.. viewing works.. 

THE ONLY AND MAJOR ISSUE IS - when I open SharePoint list view and click one of the item to view it does not load the content in fields.. while it loads all of it when I try reopening the same list item. 

Any pointers would be helpful. 

4 REPLIES 4
Super User
Super User

Re: Edit screen not updating on opening first time

Hi ST,
I don't have the exact answer but I think you will need to look in the default property of each control. It will need to reference a selected record.
shrinkTech

Well, my PowerApp does not have the form (Edit or View form), but yeah, Default property is assigned the value of a collection that I am populating onVisible of a screen. So essentially it is like below-

OnVisible (of Screen) :

ClearCollect(TestCollection = SharepointIntegration.Selected)

Then on each control we have the default property set to - First(TestCollection).EmployeeId and Reset field to RField.

At the end in OnVisible property, I am also doing a Reset => UpdateContext({RField,true});UpdateContext({RField,false})

Still not working.

ChemaMateos

Same problem,
reset on first sharepoint forms load doesnt work correctly...Smiley Sad

@shrinkTech wrote:

Hi

I have SharePoint list on which I am customising the powerapps. I have created powerapps only by controls and no forms.

Now all works.. saving works.. editing works.. viewing works.. 

THE ONLY AND MAJOR ISSUE IS - when I open SharePoint list view and click one of the item to view it does not load the content in fields.. while it loads all of it when I try reopening the same list item. 

Any pointers would be helpful. 

shrinkTech

Hi chema

This is a known issues with Microsoft. then confirmed that the data being loaded by 'SharePointIntegration' is async and there is no delegate yet to determine if the data from 'SharePointIntegration' is loaded or not.

I was trying to avoid item level permission for sharepoint list items by implementing screen switch based on field value once 'SharePointIntegration' loads the data but it seems it was not possible.

I had to move to canvas app and that resolved the issue

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,569)