Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
bstroescu
Level: Powered On

Form with Attachments not displaying items from SharePoint List

Hello,

I have a canvas app connected to a SharePoint list where I save some rows along with attachments.

The user can add the attachment through a form, which works fine. However, when I select an existing record that has attachments the form won't display the attachments. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thank you,

Bogdan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bstroescu

Re: Form with Attachments not displaying items from SharePoint List

I managed to solve the issue. My data source is a SharePoint list. To make it work, I configured it as follows:

I removed all the data cards, leaving only the attachment card in the form.
-For the 'DataSource' control of the Form, I entered the SharePoint list name. Everything else is defaulted as when you enter the form.

- For the 'DisplayMode' control of the DataCard, I used DataCardName.Attachments. For 'Default' control I usedThisItem.Attachments.

For 'Update' I used DataCardName.Attachments. These should be defaulted to this anyway when you enter the data.

-For 'Items' control of the DataCardValue I used Parent.Default. 'DisplayMode' control is Edit. With the DataCardValue selected, go on the right side to 'Advanced', under the Data section there is an Item and Value Field. Make sure for Value {Attachments} is selected - this is the SharePoint column that stores the attachments. The Item column is ID for me.

Also, when I select an existing record in another table, I include in the 'OnSelect' control of the table EditForm(NameofForm).

This solved my issue of not being able to see what attachments were stored when I selected an existing record. I was able to save the attachments fine, but just wasn't able to see them afterwards.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @bstroescu ,

Could you please share a screenshot about your issue?

Do you custom a form in your SP list or create a standalone canvas app based on your SP List data source?

Based on the issue that you mentioned, I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned. Please consider take a try with the following workaround:

1. If you create a standalone canvas app based on your SP list:

Please consider set the Items property of the Attachments control within the Edit form to following:

ThisItem.Attachments

or

LookUp('SP List', ID = BrowseGallery1.Selected.ID).Attachments

then re-publish your app, then check if the issue is solved.

2. If you custom a form within your SP List using PowerApps:

Set the Items property of the Attachments control within SharePointForm1 to following:

ThisItem.Attachments

or

LookUp('sp lIST', ID = SharePointIntegration.SelectedListItemID).Attachments

then save and re-publish the custom form app to your SP list, try it again in your SP List, then check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
bstroescu

I managed to solve the issue. My data source is a SharePoint list. To make it work, I configured it as follows:

I removed all the data cards, leaving only the attachment card in the form.
-For the 'DataSource' control of the Form, I entered the SharePoint list name. Everything else is defaulted as when you enter the form.

- For the 'DisplayMode' control of the DataCard, I used DataCardName.Attachments. For 'Default' control I usedThisItem.Attachments.

For 'Update' I used DataCardName.Attachments. These should be defaulted to this anyway when you enter the data.

-For 'Items' control of the DataCardValue I used Parent.Default. 'DisplayMode' control is Edit. With the DataCardValue selected, go on the right side to 'Advanced', under the Data section there is an Item and Value Field. Make sure for Value {Attachments} is selected - this is the SharePoint column that stores the attachments. The Item column is ID for me.

Also, when I select an existing record in another table, I include in the 'OnSelect' control of the table EditForm(NameofForm).

This solved my issue of not being able to see what attachments were stored when I selected an existing record. I was able to save the attachments fine, but just wasn't able to see them afterwards.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,322)