cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to access an attachments using ID>

Hello all, I was wondering if there is a way for me to access an attachment using ID. I have a SharePoint list called 'Chhuns Test', and I am attempting to use a combination of collection and directly using the list to display pictures. On the details page, I am using a collection, but on the image tab, I want to use the list directly. It seems like attachments can't be put into the collection so I was thinking that this way would work. 

I was thinking of getting the ID of the selected item of the collection and using that ID, I can access the attachment from the SharePoint list directly. But I do not know the method of calling the attachment using ID. Is this even possible? Please help! Thank you!!! 

2 REPLIES 2
jhall
Level 8

Re: How to access an attachments using ID>

think I did this using the File URL that could be retrieved for the Attachments.  However, I'm not sure if this was the one where I had to do that via Flow and then created some HTML dynamically and populated a field with it.  That seems correct.

Again, from memory (which...is not reliable), I think I created the record & attachments, picked up the event in Flow, rolled through each Attachment in Flow and built an HTML string, then wrote that back out to the same SharePoint record in a distinct field.  When users went back to edit/view the record & attachments, the HTML gave them clickable links to the files.

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: How to access an attachments using ID>

Hi @Anonymous ,

Do you want to display images in attachments field of SharePoint?

Since the data in attachments field is a table, it's not supported to diaplay images in image control directly.

I suggest you use gallery to display images in attachments field and filter item according to other field.

For example, Set the gallery's Item: LookUp(listname,ID=....).Attachments

Set the gallery's arrow's OnSelect: Launch(ThisItem.AbsoluteUri)

Here's a similar issue for your reference:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/General-Discussion/Displaying-attachments/m-p/134694

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,969)