cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dkhmm
Level: Powered On

Images from OneDrive will now only work on the desktop, not on the Mobile app (Android)

I have a gallery that shows images through a list of URLs in a SharePoint list.

The images are stored in OneDrive.

Everything works fine when I debug the PowerApp on my computer, but on my Android device it does not show the images (Text data works fine, from the SharePoint list, but not images)

It worked fine on mobile when I developed the app in Nov/Dec.

I have tried to store the Images in a SharePoint library instead, but it will not work at all.

Is Onedrive the only option, if I need to store the images with some access control?

Best regards

Henrik

10 REPLIES 10
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Images from OneDrive will now only work on the desktop, not on the Mobile app (Android)

Hi @dkhmm,

May I know detailed information about your app? By "The images are stored in OneDrive", did you mean that you used a Excel table to store the location of the images and then make the pictures show? Did you use a similar way as https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/add-images-to-excel?

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
dkhmm

Re: Images from OneDrive will now only work on the desktop, not on the Mobile app (Android)

Hi Mona.

I have stored the information in a custom SharePoint list with Tekst Fields containing:

• Title (Title)
  • Http Link to Image in OneDrive (UrlLink)

The Onedrive folder is shared to the same users that have access to the PowerApp

Example link to image:

https://xxxxx.sharepoint.com/personal/yyyyyy/_layouts/15/guestaccess.aspx?docid=<ID>&authkey=<KEY>

I access the information with a PowerApp Datasource to the Custom SharePoint list.

The data is shown nicely (Only on desktop/browser, but not in Mobile app) in a gallery with:

• Text control - Text = ThisItem.Title
  • Image control - Image = ThisItem.UrlLink

PS. Initially I wanted to store the Images in SharePoint as well, but it did not work at all. (Sharepoint Library or as attached files to a SharePoint Custom list)

Best regards

Henrik

dkhmm

Am I the only one that experience the problem?

Best regards

Henrik

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Henrik, 

I think I have the same issue as you, except with PDF files. I have a library with PDF documents in. I was able to connect an app to the library and access the metadat which allowed me to create an OnSelect action to launch the URL for the file Launch(ThisItem.'{Link}') - this was working fine up until November some time when it suddenly stopped. Historically, it would open the URL which would cause the file to be opened in the native PDF viewer application.

Now when I try to open the file in the app, it simply states that the file cannot be downloaded. If I try this directly in the browser, it works fine. If I view the Link to item in the app, it's a simple URL so should be able to open? What am I missing. Has something changed which would prevent this from working? 

Incidentally, if I try this in Android it fails as described above - but if I try this on iOS it launches the browser and opens the file. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

So, further testing would suggest that this issue is down to the Android browsers downloading the file directly (and therefore not launching the file), instead of opening it in the  browser. 

dkhmm

Unfortunately, the problem is still there, even after the latest Android version 2.0.750

Best regards

Henrik

dkhmm

PowerApps Android version 2.0.760 is now released, but unfortunately, the problem is still there.

Any workaround suggestions until the problem is solved?

Best regards

Henrik

Krisnugraha

Hi,

I have the same problem with you. Is there any solution yet? It works perfect on the PC, not in the mobile version

Highlighted
dkhmm

I don't think so.

I made a workaround, and attached the images to a SharePoint List instead.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (4,731)