Did you mean: 
rowlinx
Level: Powered On

Re: Need an alternative to BrowseGallery1.Selected in an editform

It's a sharepoint list called proptest#2

Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you 100% sure that the field names are correct and that the cases match exactly to the cases in SharePoint

rowlinx

I had originally shortened it to ProposalNumber just when I replied to you for simplicity. But yes I'm sure everything is correctly named. I believe the error is more specifically in BrowseGallery1, because it gets highlighted when I double click the error symbol, but that is the correct name for that form. 

Patch('proptest#2', BrowseGallery1.LastSubmit, {Proposal_x0020_Number:ID+1699974})

nickduxfield
Level 8

I saw the add to ID and I realised you were trying to use powerapps to continue an old database.

Is your datasources in a SharePoint List or somewhere else. It is important you know because you cant usually edit, or even patch the ID column. Its not something you can change.

You know what I think. The ID column may not be critical for you unless you are replicating your old database again. If thats the case, you should rethink that idea unless you know how.

If this is an Excel in a OneDrive then this could be easy to replicate.

If not, youre now replicating, you should conduct a test case first before you bring on the original database.

create another table with entries. If you can edit the table directly, edit the ID to reflect the ID numbers your targeting, say 1337755678.

Now create some records using the edit form.

Verify that the ID column increments normally to 1337755679... and so on.

After that consider if you need to do what you mentioned.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think I see the problem.

Patch('proptest#2', BrowseGallery1.LastSubmit, {Proposal_x0020_Number:ID+1699974}) should be 

Patch('proptest#2', BrowseGallery1.LastSubmit, {Proposal_x0020_Number:BrowseGallery1.LastSubmit.ID+1699974})

nickduxfield
Level 8

I was going to say that, The source name In my experience is not right and the character # I dont beleieve is allowed. This is the case in SharePoint. It may be just an Excel.

I was going to suggest. removing the source, Changing the name, then readding it. Initally it will throw errors, but it will get back to order after that. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait I typed the wrong thing.

Patch('proptest#2', BrowseGallery1.LastSubmit, {Proposal_x0020_Number:ID+1699974}) should be 

Patch('proptest#2', New_Form.LastSubmit, {Proposal_x0020_Number:New_Form.LastSubmit.ID+1699974})

You need to use the form name not the browser name.

View solution in original post

rowlinx

Oh my god you're amazing it worked! Thank you so much, I really really apreciate it! What a great way to end off the day 😄

Anonymous
Not applicable

I can not believe I did not notice earlier. I think that has been the problem for a while.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (7,209)