cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
geortan
Level: Powered On

Offline Performance Issues

I have built an app, with a sql server back end, for counting company assets by capturing count status, gps location and photos of each asset. Many of the company assets are located in remote areas where connectivity may be an issue. In an effort to combat these connectivity issues I have built in offline capabilities however I am running into some annoying issues:

1. When the user goes to view photos, if online the app collects only the photos with matching equipment id and stores them for view purposes only. The issue arises when the user attempts to do the same function for a second time. The user returns back to the gallery, selects a new asset and attempts to view photos. The photos will not collect. If the user backs out one more time  to the gallery selects the asset for a second time and then clicks view photos,  now the photos will collect and be viewable.
  2. When offline everything works as expected, however when navigating between screens a red bar often appears at the top stating “an unknown error occurred.” The user can tap the error and it goes away and everything works as expected. Obviously it’s just annoying to have to close that error every time it pops up. Further to this error, while offline the Microsoft authenticator app pops up for a second, then automatically returns to power apps and everything works as expected and the authenticator app remains open in the background.
5 REPLIES 5
PowerApps Staff sriniD
PowerApps Staff

Re: Offline Performance Issues

Thanks for reaching out on your issue. Could you share a session id for this issue so we can see what is happening when you try run the scenario.?

geortan

Session ID: 93b058e5-9cad-4346-b5ab-8353736fe0aa PowerApps 3.18114.16

Highlighted
PowerApps Staff sriniD
PowerApps Staff

I looked at the sessionID, I didn't find any issue or failure and just loading SQL data. Does this session covers your second issue?

Administrator
Administrator

Hi @geortan can you review the latest response and advise?

@TopShelf-MSFT

geortan

Yes this session covers both issues.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 278 members 4,933 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: