cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrWill
Level: Powered On

Patch error: We couldn't convert to Number

Hi guys

So I'm trying to patch a record in Azure SQL DB. I'm only getting this error with one table and even this one used to work a while back.

But to simplify things, it's a table with a primary key (smallint) and a nullable column that's defined as bit (with a default value of True). I'm able to patch a new record, but unable to update it. I've recreated the table in SQL, recreated the connection from Powerapps and even created another Powerapp to use that connection.

Here's my simplified test which fails to succeed:

Patch('<my table name, which has the character ä in it>', LookUp('<my table name, which has the character ä in it>', primary_key_name = 11), {column_name_that_also_has_the_letter_ä_in_it: false})

I've tried using 0 instead of false. I have other tables with the letter ä in them, and they work. I've tried dropping all the constraints on the table.

The error I'm getting is:
The requested operation is invalid. Server Response: We couldn't convert to Number. inner exception: We couldn't convert to Number. clientRequestId: d8318119-4f18-4569-a985-c609a017bf0c

This used to work and is driving me nuts. I can successfully update other tables from the same app. The table with these issues has schema permission of SELECT and table permission of INSERT,UPDATE for the user account I'm using.

What should I try next?

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,308)