cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dilman
Level: Power Up

Power Apps Users Roles - Restrict App Creation

Hi,

Can you restrict  some users from creating PowerApps in some environments.

I don't want to remove them from the environment. Only want to them to access but they can't create new powerapps.

4 REPLIES 4
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: Power Apps Users Roles - Restrict App Creation

Hi @dilman,

Would you please explain a bit for "I don't want to remove them from the environment."?

If you would like the user not be able to create App in the environments, then you may remove the user from the Environment Admin and the Environment Maker, only share the App (set with Can use permission) created in the Environments with the user.

Doing in this way would have those users only be able to use the App shared with them, but have no rights to create new app in the corresponding Environments.

For now, permission configured through the environments have two roles:

Environment Admin, Environment Maker.

Please check the Manage security for your environments part in the following article for more details:

Environments administration in PowerApps

"

The Environment Maker role can create resources within an environment including apps, connections, custom connectors, gateways, and flows using Microsoft Flow. Environment Makers can also distribute the apps they build in an environment to other users in your organization. They can share the app with individual users, security groups, or all users in the organization. For more information, see Share an app in PowerApps.

"

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Joel_Hill
Level: Powered On

Hi @v-micsh-msft,

I only have myself as an Environment Admin and no one listed as an Environment Maker and still all users can create PowerApps within a specitic environment.  I am trying to create 3 environments as follows:

Development - Anyone can create/share/publish

Testing - Only limitted people can create/publish; anyone can share

Production - Same as Testing

Any help with why everyone can still create anything they would like would be much appreciated.

NielsL

@Joel_Hill 

Did you find a solution? 

I'm in the exact same situation as you.  Users without Environment Maker can still create canvas apps in the environments where they have access. 

Highlighted
Joel_Hill

@NielsL sorry I have not nor did I hear back from @v-micsh-msft .  I have gotten close by going to https://admin.powerapps.com and clicking the instance, and then "Manage Security".  It takes you to a list of users, but it doesn't tell you much about them or how to actually manage the security for the entire instance.  Also there is a "promote to admin" feature, but that is presumably a global admin of PowerApps and not really "admin" for the production, test or dev instance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors (Last 30 Days)
Users online (5,721)