cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Julien2
Level: Powered On

Save Images Captured from Powerapps to SharePoint List

Hello everyone!

I am trying to customize Expense Report template using flow and PowerApps.

So I have created a page in PowerApps for users to create a report, take some pictures from their phones, and when they clicks on the save button the flow will start, update the picture to SharePoint list column called “Bills Photo” and trigger the report id that they wants to add the photos on.

Suppose that also the users want to take more than one photo to a report, how can i group the photos to show them in the column close to each others for example: Photo1,Photo2,Photo3…

I followed this amaizing tutorial on Youtube video but this flow in this video don't achieve my needs:

PowerApps Flow Intro Upload an image to SharePoint using Flow

On save i want the flow to save the images URL's based on ReportID of the user.

So when the manager want to check for the bills photo's in SharePoint it will redirect him to the URL of the image that the user add it to the report.

Here is the list:

LineItems.PNG

Here is the flow:

CaptureFlow.PNG

Here is the App:

Capture.PNG

So what is the actions i have to add in the flow to achieve it ? Please can you provide example of this flow ?

I would really appreciate your help.

Thank you!

4 REPLIES 4
KranthiTupakula

Re: Save Images Captured from Powerapps to SharePoint List

Hi,

If you want to upload multiple images, it is always better to do them as attachments.

Please let me know if that helps.

Thanks

Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Julien2 ,

You can add the ID of the item to end of the Filename, which is the textinput control in PowerApps. For example, use a formula that runs the flow like below:

FlowName.Run(Concatenate(TextInput1.Text,Gallery1.Selected.ID),...,...)

Gallery1.Selected.ID is just an example to get the ID value of the item.

Regards,

Mona 

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Julien2

Hi @v-monli-msft ,

I have 2 different pages but each of this pages contain 2 Save buttons, i wanna merge both functions in only one function and one save button. The functions are below:

(Save & Add new line item Button) function:

SubmitForm(NewLineItemForm);SubmitForm(NewLineItemExpenseStatusForm);ResetForm(NewLineItemForm);Set(SelectedReport,LookUp(Expenses,ID=SelectedReport.ID))

(Save to SharePoint Library Button) function:

Set(FileLinkFromFlow, Powerapps.Run(TextInput2.Text & ".jpg", Dropdown1.Selected.Value, TakenPic).filelink)

So on save the flow will start and add the image to the library, at the same time a new item will be added to the LineItem list by checking the id of the report in the other list.

What will be the function for the Save button ?

Thanks in advance!

mmhailye

Hi, Even though you are storing your images on SharePoint, you may get some ideas on how to adapt the methods used in this excellent video which shows how to save multiple images to Azure Blob storage.  The main concept here is to use an "intermediate table" that links the Expense report in this example to multiple images.  This avoids using Flow to simplify things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOz3HvKDWMk&t=166s

Hope this gives you another approach...

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 144 members 5,375 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: