cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cnorris135
Level: Powered On

"Getting your data......"

Been struggling with this one for a few days....

Built a SharePoint List/PowerApp.   Used a powerapp webpart to put into a SharePoint page.  the Datasource is tied to a excel list in the OneDrive (connector setup and works).   Now as i go to the sharepoint page with the webpart in it, the datasource says "Getting your data..." .  as i go thru the app (has several screens) all the datasources say "Getting your data"

can anybody help me here?

see screenshot

8 REPLIES 8
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Re: "Getting your data......"

Hi @cnorris135,

I have made a test on my side, and don't have the issue that you mentioned.

Please take a try to clear cache of your browser, and then open your SP site page again, check if the issue still exists.

In addition, please take a try to re-create a new conneciton to the Excel file (Excel table) stored in your OneDrive within your app, and then open your SP site page to check if the issue is solved.

If the issue still exists, please take a try to remove the PowerApps web-part within your SP site page, and then re-embed it within your SP site page again to check if the issue is solved.

More details about embedding PowerApps app within a SP Site Page, please check the following article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/embed-apps-dev

Best regards,

Kris

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm seeing the same issue even after clearing the browser cache.  The difference is that my data is a SharePoint list.  One other thing to note is that not all users are affected.  When I tried created a basic PowerApp, one thing I noticed that may be related is that I moved the edit form up to the first position so that it would be the default form that loads rather than list with the search bar.

PowerApps Staff cherie
PowerApps Staff

Hi,

Do you have something in your OnStart method? If you do, can you remove it and see if it still gets stuck?

Can you provide the session id? You should be able to get it by doing Alt + right click.

thanks

Cherie

Stemmons_PowerU

I am also having the same problem, though my connection is to multiple SQL databases.  

Syntax is: 

UpdateContext({Meterscan: ScanBarcode()});Navigate(Meter_Detail, ScreenTransition.Cover,{MS: Meterscan})

Scan a barcode and the data should populate a field in the 'Meter_Detail' screen.  The scan works, but once the app navigates, i get the "Getting your data ...." endlessly.  I know all the datasources are healthy and i've rebuilt the app with different datasources.  I tried using SET rather than UpDateContext, same result.  Navigation to several of our other screens that are connected to multiple datasources seems to work great.  

Thoughts? 

pklocke

I have same issue, as well, using a powerapp to capture entries to a sharepoint list.  Does not seem to be any way to break out of the "getting your data" state.  Did anyone ever resolve this (ideally for a sharepoint list hosted on O365)?

Thx

PowerApps Staff cherie
PowerApps Staff

@pklocke, can you please provide your session id by doing alt + right click on your form so that we can take a look at the issue?

Thanks

Cherie

Mike2500
Level 8

Are you retrieving any data from SharePoint? I've experienced this when querying for a row that didn't exist while using a lookup function to get a row based on a condition. Though unfortunately, I don't have a solution to this...

Highlighted
pklocke

Hi, Mike:  I guess I would answer that as yes.  But "guess" I mean that's the idea...it is just not happening. This is super simple form, with the 14 simple fields (no lookups to other lists, no nothing).  On variant here is that 3 of the fields should, would be "validating" to Active Directory, however we are not even getting the blank form up, which is what should initially happen.  Then someone fills in the form, and I need it to then update that list.

So it is about as simple an example one might imagine (other than the fact that it hangs).

Thanks for your response!!

Helpful resources

Announcements
thirdimage

Power Automate Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

sixthImage

Power Platform World Tour

Find out where you can attend!

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

fifthimage

Microsoft Learn

Learn how to build the business apps that you need.

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 267 members 5,860 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: