cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

AuthorizationFailed: the authentication credentials are not valid

So I'm at mile 499 of a 500 mile trip with a Photo to Flow to SharePoint Online PowerApp with HTTP Flow as per this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mp-8B1fLrqs

Getting the following error in PowerApps:

PAtoFLOWtoSPO.PostPhotoSPO failed:
{
"error": {
   "code":"AuthorizationFailed",
   "message":"The authentication credentials are not valid."
   }
}

I get this error when I hover over the "Submit" button's OnSelect function:

ForAll(PhotoList, PAtoFLOWtoSPO.PostPhotoSPO(FileName,Photo)) 

The Flow/Connector call & parameters are underlined with the squiggly red line. 😞 
App Checker says there are no errors.

In Flow, it doesn't show that it was even hit. Nothing in the run history. Makes me think it's an issue in PowerApps?? Or between PowerApps & Flow??

All is successful when testing from Postman and from within the PowerApps custom connector setup. In PowerApps, under Data/Connections, the PhotoToSPO connection details show a status of "Connected", but under "Apps using this connection" and "Flows using this connection" nothing is listed. ??!!

I've verified, multiple times, the swagger file path, api-version, sp, sv & sig etc. values. Been thru instructions from cleverworkarounds.com a few times, too.

Authentication, as shown in the video, is not set to anything. Is this now required? If so, how do I set it up?

Help??

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Re: AuthorizationFailed: the authentication credentials are not valid

Not sure what happened here, but things are now working. Here's my guess as to what happened: 

I discovered that the destination folder in SharePoint that I was trying to use was our foreman's personal OneDrive for Business folder.  I have access to it since I can browse it and could push a photo to that location from Postman.  However, for some reason I kept getting the error when pushing from PowerApps using the custom connector.  I then changed the Flow destination to a "bonafide" SharePoint folder (which is probably OneDrive in the background too) and things started working.

Any insight as to whether this assumption is true would be helpful for the future.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Not sure what happened here, but things are now working. Here's my guess as to what happened: 

I discovered that the destination folder in SharePoint that I was trying to use was our foreman's personal OneDrive for Business folder.  I have access to it since I can browse it and could push a photo to that location from Postman.  However, for some reason I kept getting the error when pushing from PowerApps using the custom connector.  I then changed the Flow destination to a "bonafide" SharePoint folder (which is probably OneDrive in the background too) and things started working.

Any insight as to whether this assumption is true would be helpful for the future.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

I know I'm late in this response. I wanted to post this in case it helps someone else dealing with this problem. 

I had the error message you had as well: 

The authentication credentials are not valid.

I was receiving this error when I tried to use an Action in my Custom Connector. It had been working, then suddenly stopped working. I'm not sure which change to the Custom Connector caused the issue - I removed a couple of Actions that I no longer needed and changed the security as well. 

When I exported the Custom Connector's JSON and reviewed it, I could still see references to the Actions I had deleted. Additionally, I didn't see the Authentication details I had expected to. 

I ended up recreating the Custom Connector and it resolved the issue. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,698)