cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
quincyt
Advocate I
Advocate I

BadRequest on TextAnalytics DetectLanguage - InvalidRequestQueryString

Hi all,

 

I'm working on a PowerApp in which I'm trying to implement TextAnalytics. To understand how TextAnalytics works, I first followed the blog from @mblythe at https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/blog/custom-connectors-and-text-analytics-in-powerapps-part-on....

From that blog I got the Sentiment and KeyPhrases part working (so my Text Analytics service in Azure works), but the DetectLanguage part keeps returning the following error:

TextAnalytics_error.JPG

 

The code I'm using to trigger it is:

ClearCollect( colLanguage, 
    TextAnalytics.DetectLanguage(
        {
            numberOfLanguagesToDetect: 1, 
            text: txtTextToAnalyze.Text
        }
    ).detectedLanguages.name
)

Anybody ran into the same issue and knows how to solve it? According to PowerApps itself the code should be fine as well. Also I can't find other posts on the internet about this specific error message.

 

Thanks in advance for your effort and response! Cheers, Quincy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
stefanjin311
Regular Visitor

Hello quincyt,

 

I just have deleted the part of numberofLanguagesToDetect:1 and then the laungage detection works. But I donnot know why.

 

Thanks.

 

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
alopes21
Regular Visitor

Hi did you find a resolution to this? I've got the same issue

Hi @alopes21,

 

I'm afraid not. In my case, it was for demo purposes only. For my demo, I just filled the Language info by hand (just to fool the attendees). It's definitely an issue in the TextAnalytics Connector in PowerApps, because the API itself from Azure works fine. If you must fix it for your purpose, you could use Flow to make a direct web service call to the API. Initiate the Flow from PowerApps and send the input text along with it. Then make a web service call to the TextAnalytics API in Azure and use a Respond action in Flow to get the result back in PowerApps in a collection. This is what I used to get almost all other Cognitive Services (the Face and Speech API's were the hardest, but I got it to work) to work in my demo PowerApp.

If you need extra help, let me know. Cheers, Quincy

stefanjin311
Regular Visitor

Hello quincyt,

 

I just have deleted the part of numberofLanguagesToDetect:1 and then the laungage detection works. But I donnot know why.

 

Thanks.

 

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

V3_PVA CAmpaign Carousel.png

Community Challenge - Giveaways!

Participate in the Power Virtual Agents Community Challenge

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Carousel April Dunnam Updated 768x460.jpg

Urdu Hindi D365 Bootcamp

Dont miss our very own April Dunnam’s The Developer Guide to the Galaxy! Find out what the Power Platform has to offer for the traditional developer.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,470)