cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RoScha
Helper V
Helper V

Combines testing so that the save button becomes visible.

Hello community,
A very strange headline, I know but otherwise I couldn't get my problem to the point.

What's my problem?

First: that's the screen.

RoScha_0-1607719398089.png

I have the following formula in the "Visible" property of the save button (which I also received as a tip here from the forum and which works fine).

Or(
tog_AU_Rein_aus.Value; tog_AU_Motor.Value; tog_AU_Lack.Value;
tog_AU_Scheiben.Value; tog_AU_Leder.Value; tog_AU_Innen.Value;
tog_AU_Chemi.Value; tog_AU_Eis.Value; tog_AU_Brand.Value;
tog_AU_Verdeck.Value; tog_AU_Pol.Value; tog_AU_Delle.Value;
tog_AU_Felge.Value; tog_AU_Folie.Value; tog_AU_Kratz.Value;
tog_AU_Spot.Value; tog_AU_Ozon.Value; tog_AU_Hol.Value;
tog_AU_Cons.Value
)

This formula must now be supplemented by a further test. The savebutton should only be visible if at least 1 toggle button has been set to "yes" and if there is a value in the field in the yellow data card, the savebutton should only then be visible.

Otherwise not.

By the way, this data card field is filled when I click on a data record in the gallery above. I've added a second screen to you here. It shows the yellow field after clicking on the gallery.

RoScha_1-1607719501095.png

My question now is: how do I get these two check formulas combined?
Or what idea do you have to solve the problem?
Thank you for your help.

Best regards

RoScha

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @RoScha ,

Something like this

(
   tog_AU_Rein_aus.Value || tog_AU_Motor.Value || tog_AU_Lack.Value || tog_AU_Scheiben.Value ||
   tog_AU_Leder.Value || tog_AU_Innen.Value ||tog_AU_Chemi.Value || tog_AU_Eis.Value || tog_AU_Brand.Value || 
   tog_AU_Verdeck.Value || tog_AU_Pol.Value || tog_AU_Delle.Value || tog_AU_Felge.Value || tog_AU_Folie.Value || 
   tog_AU_Kratz.Value || tog_AU_Spot.Value || tog_AU_Ozon.Value || tog_AU_Hol.Value || tog_AU_Cons.Value
) &&
!IsBlank(YourTextBoxName.Text)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @RoScha ,

Something like this

(
   tog_AU_Rein_aus.Value || tog_AU_Motor.Value || tog_AU_Lack.Value || tog_AU_Scheiben.Value ||
   tog_AU_Leder.Value || tog_AU_Innen.Value ||tog_AU_Chemi.Value || tog_AU_Eis.Value || tog_AU_Brand.Value || 
   tog_AU_Verdeck.Value || tog_AU_Pol.Value || tog_AU_Delle.Value || tog_AU_Felge.Value || tog_AU_Folie.Value || 
   tog_AU_Kratz.Value || tog_AU_Spot.Value || tog_AU_Ozon.Value || tog_AU_Hol.Value || tog_AU_Cons.Value
) &&
!IsBlank(YourTextBoxName.Text)

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Your formula works @WarrenBelz ... that's great.

I just have no idea why it works, because I don't know what the characters "||" do and why "&&" and what does "! IsBlank" mean?

Can you explain that to me?

Best regards

RoScha

@RoScha ,

Just some shortcuts that save a heap of brackets and typing (and are easier to follow and get right)

• || is Or()
  • && is And()
  • ! is Not()

You will also notice that I bracketed the | Or() arguments together - it is always good practice to separate Or and And to ensure the sequence of the argument applies as expected.

Also (if you have not worked it out yet), when you are dealing with a Boolean (true/false) property such as Visible, you do not need any If() statement - just a statement that can only be either true or false.

@WarrenBelz 

Thanks for the answer. But I have to ask back again.
You write "| = Or". Then mean "||" also "or" or do they have another function?

Are there any other special characters that can be used in formulas? Do these special characters also exist in Microsoft's documentation? When I e.g. after "|" searched there, I couldn't find an entry.

@RoScha ,

Mistype (now corrected) - || is Or

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (2,269)