cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

ComboBox Set ALL Values as default selected item OR Add a selection for ALL Values

Hi all,

My previous questions couldn't get the answer I want, so I'm wondering if there is any alternatives.

What I can think of
1) Set the default value to "ALL selections" (which ALL is not exist in the database table record).

OR

2) Add a "ALL" selection into the list of combobox.

Appreciate for your sharing.

Thanks in advanced!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Re: ComboBox Set ALL Values as default selected item OR Add a selection for ALL Values

Hi,

Could you elaborate how are you showing values in the Gallery?

If you are not already doing it. here are the steps to do so.

1. Within your Canvas App, Go to View --> Datasources and add your datasource (from where you want to get and who data)

2. In your Screen Add a Combobox (In the menu go to Insert --> Controls --> combobox)

3. Select the screen and go to Onvisible Property and write formulae ClearCollect(colData,{Id:"ALL"},Datasource) (Replace Datasource with your relevant datasource/datatable name. Id column replace with display text column of your datasource)

4. In the combobox properties go to Items and write colData. In Display Fields property --> (mention the column which you want to show in combobox)

5. Insert a Blank Horizantal Gallery in your screen (Insert --> Gallery --> Blank Horizantal) in the Items property mention the formulae
If(combobox1.selected.id = "ALL" , colData,combobox1.selecteditems).
//Above formulae means if user selects ALL in the combobox it shows all data which you got from datasource, otherwise it only shows record which users has selected.

In Gallery add required columns which you want to show.

if this answers your question mark it as verified and give thumbs up

Regards,

Pavan Kumar Garlapati

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ComboBox Set ALL Values as default selected item OR Add a selection for ALL Values

@PavanKumar 
Thanks alot on your steps in details below!

I tried again by following your steps, it is able to show "ALL" and other values in the combobox now!

Except No.5, If(combobox1.selected.id = "ALL" , colData,combobox1.selecteditems)

For the reference to anyone who may need it in Filter() and Distinct():
- I changed to If(combobox1.selected.id = "ALL" , true,id in combobox1.selecteditems.id) because I use it inside Filter():
Filter(TableName,If(combobox1.selected.id = "ALL" , true, id in combobox1.selecteditems.id))
- In order to make the value distinct, Item Property = Distinct(colData,FN1)so the formula have to change to :
Filter(TableName,If(combobox1.selected.Result= "ALL" , true, id in combobox1.selecteditems.Result))

Actually I wish to use Distinct but don't wish to use ".Result" because it is only one value which so inconvenient. Appreciate if you can advise on this.

Thanks again for your answer!

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi,

On visible of screen load your data which you want to show in Combobox in a collection example

ClearCollect(colValues,{organisationvalue:"ALL"},organisation).//This adds both organisation datasource values and also ALL in the collection so that you can show that in items property of combobox.

(lets say your datasource is organisation in which organisationvalue field you want to display in combobox, then select organisationvalue field in display fields property of combobox)

Regards,

Pavan Kumar Garlapati

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PavanKumar Firstly, thanks for helping on my question!

Do you mean the steps below?

1) Screen.OnVisible = ClearCollect(NewCollectionName,{ColumnNameInTheCollection:"ALL"},FromDataSourceTableName)

2) ComboBox.Item = NewCollectionName
    ComboBox.DisplayField= ColumnNameInTheCollection
If yes, the combobox list is empty after clicked, not sure where goes wrong..

Did I miss some steps?

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PavanKumar 
I know why the list is empty, it needs to be switch screen to this screen then only the collection take effect due to the formula is in this screen.

However, it only show ALL without other value(as per image attached.)
image.png

May I know whether possible to show the all fields and also ALL?

Thank you

Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi,

On visible property of the screen you have added values to your collection right using Clearcollect.

Once check File-->collections--> your collection name (what records its showing). Those records populate in your combobox.

If you need to trigger the on visible property of the screen. move to another screen and come back to this screen.

If this answers your question mark it as verified and give thumbs up

Regards,

Pavan Kumar Garlapati

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PavanKumar Pardon that I don't really understand.

Not sure what I have missed, how should I do in order to make the list (as printscreen above) to show all values and "ALL" too?

Appreciate for your explaination, looks forward for your reply.

Thank you!

Highlighted
Responsive Resident
Responsive Resident

Hi,

Could you elaborate how are you showing values in the Gallery?

If you are not already doing it. here are the steps to do so.

1. Within your Canvas App, Go to View --> Datasources and add your datasource (from where you want to get and who data)

2. In your Screen Add a Combobox (In the menu go to Insert --> Controls --> combobox)

3. Select the screen and go to Onvisible Property and write formulae ClearCollect(colData,{Id:"ALL"},Datasource) (Replace Datasource with your relevant datasource/datatable name. Id column replace with display text column of your datasource)

4. In the combobox properties go to Items and write colData. In Display Fields property --> (mention the column which you want to show in combobox)

5. Insert a Blank Horizantal Gallery in your screen (Insert --> Gallery --> Blank Horizantal) in the Items property mention the formulae
If(combobox1.selected.id = "ALL" , colData,combobox1.selecteditems).
//Above formulae means if user selects ALL in the combobox it shows all data which you got from datasource, otherwise it only shows record which users has selected.

In Gallery add required columns which you want to show.

Regards,

Pavan Kumar Garlapati

Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PavanKumar 
Thanks alot on your steps in details below!

I tried again by following your steps, it is able to show "ALL" and other values in the combobox now!

Except No.5, If(combobox1.selected.id = "ALL" , colData,combobox1.selecteditems)

For the reference to anyone who may need it in Filter() and Distinct():
- I changed to If(combobox1.selected.id = "ALL" , true,id in combobox1.selecteditems.id) because I use it inside Filter():
Filter(TableName,If(combobox1.selected.id = "ALL" , true, id in combobox1.selecteditems.id))
- In order to make the value distinct, Item Property = Distinct(colData,FN1)so the formula have to change to :
Filter(TableName,If(combobox1.selected.Result= "ALL" , true, id in combobox1.selecteditems.Result))

Actually I wish to use Distinct but don't wish to use ".Result" because it is only one value which so inconvenient. Appreciate if you can advise on this.

Thanks again for your answer!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

This will be a conference that you do not want to miss!

secondImage

New Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

August 2020 CYST Challenge

Check out the winners of the recent 'Can You Solve These?' community challenge!

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Check this Out

Helpful information

Featuring samples like Return to the Workplace and Emergency Response Applications

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,392)