cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaccoslok
Frequent Visitor

Dynamics NAV Connector is not refreshing data after deletion or modification

After modifying or deleting a record from the PowerApp, these records are still showing in the BrowseGallery.

The records in Dynamics NAV have been modied and/or deleted correctly, but this does not reflect in the app after refreshing (using Refresh) the datasource. Nothing seems to help, the records just stay untouched in the App. A week ago this was working fine, no changes have been made to the app.

Strangest thing is when I use an EditForm to edit data, after submitting the form and navigating back, I use Refresh to see the results in my browsegallery. There I still see the old data, using resfresh again shows me the new data. Refreshing again shows me the old data, this is not happening everything I hit refresh, most of the time the data shows unaltered.

In NAV the data has changed correctly. OData is alse showing the correct modified data. I seems the PowerApp is not refreshing the data from the datasource after a editform is submitted, or the PowerApp is caching data in some way. If I remove the webservice in NAV it remains possible to read the cached data.

Is there a way to clear all data in the PowerApp? Should I call other functions to have my data refreshed, have there been changes in this aspect?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Current situation is that the problem has been solved by the productteam. There was an unwanted caching mechanism giving back old data to the connector.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-micsh-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi,

What is your current situation?

I am not familar with Dynamics NAV, for PowerApps side, please consider add a Refresh(DataSource) at the OnSuccess property of the EditForm, then back to the Gallery to check the results.

And if issue insists, for a better assistance, please consider submit a support ticket.

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/support/

Regards,

Michael

Community Support Team _ Michael Shao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Hi Michael, I tried the Resfresh function in the OnSuccess trigger as well, however it gave same result.

With Microsoft support I conducted a Fiddler trace, it seems that the Patch is OK but after that, old data is given back from the Dynamics NAV connector. It's like a caching issue and under investigation of the product team.

As soon as I know more I will post the solution!

regards,

Jacco Slok

Current situation is that the problem has been solved by the productteam. There was an unwanted caching mechanism giving back old data to the connector.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Users online (5,363)