cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mtndnmz
Frequent Visitor

Editing the form leading to approval

I designed a form. At the end of the form, approval is sent to my manager with the button and then it is written to sharepoint if it is approved. I have a question here. Can my manager edit the form at the same time when approval is received?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mtndnmz ,

It is doable, however, you need to clarify the logic first, since the auto saving to SharePoint will cause conflict against manually editing of managers. So basically we may create two screens, one for managers and the other for common users. Users will save the item to SharePoint with status Pending, after approval status change to Approved. In addition, attach the item link in Approval Emails and managers will be able to open the specific item use the link, edit the item and save manually without approvals. The link need to include the item link as well as item ID, which is called deep link:

Deep Linking in PowerApps | Microsoft Power Apps

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-jefferni
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @mtndnmz ,

It is doable, however, you need to clarify the logic first, since the auto saving to SharePoint will cause conflict against manually editing of managers. So basically we may create two screens, one for managers and the other for common users. Users will save the item to SharePoint with status Pending, after approval status change to Approved. In addition, attach the item link in Approval Emails and managers will be able to open the specific item use the link, edit the item and save manually without approvals. The link need to include the item link as well as item ID, which is called deep link:

Deep Linking in PowerApps | Microsoft Power Apps

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Jeffer Ni

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,102)