Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
G99
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Field does not update SharePoint column with a value

Hello,

I have a prod canvas app has been working for months. User reports they cannot approve a section as 1 of the fields cannot be written to - I've searched long and hard but could not see any reason why the field what appears to be in view mode - so as temp fix I hid that 'faulty' field and added the same field again on the screen.
User is now able to complete that section, but when I refer back to the submitted form, or SharePoint list item, there is no value in the new field I have added in the canvas app..... not sure what to look at I have looked at the following:

The Update property of the DataCard is correctly set to the field it contains:

DataCardValue33.Selected

Thee Items property of the field itself is correctly set to I have a date field which gets written to, but this field does not get written:
Choices([@List].SPOFieldName) 

It is definitely submitting the form as I have a condition on the submit button where DataCardValue33 cannot be blank, but the data from this 1 field isnt being written.

My submit button has the following, so no patching taking place 

SubmitForm(FormPartI_1)

What else should I check, as I have not made any changes to this new data card, simply added it from the Field - Edit option as a work around, not proving to be very effective,

2 REPLIES 2
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @G99 ,

Try changing the Update to

{Value:DataCardValue33.Selected.Value}

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

G99
Post Prodigy
Post Prodigy

Hi @WarrenBelz 

Thanks for your input, I cannot test this, as the new (replacement) field I added to the screen after porting my question is playing up too and not editable either.
I have no choice but to restore the form to a previous version from about 2 weeks, there have been changes to it and I will need to make each change again 1 by 1, to see what breaks this field on this screen. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,590)