cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pwrappr01
Helper V
Helper V

How can I efficiently load 10,000 items from a SharePoint List into a Collection?

I have a large SharePoint List that stores over 10,000 items. I want to load all 10,000 into a collection for use in a drop-down list.

I would much prefer to be able to filter the choices in the drop-down by pulling directly from the Source List, but I keep running into delegation issues and am only able to see the first few items.

The Collection is going to be filtered by other drop-downs, so the final lists will be somewhat manageable, but I need a way to load all of the data so users are not missing items.

27 REPLIES 27

@yashag2255,

I just noticed that the ListItems collection includes some duplicates that need to be removed. How can I correct this? Here is the code I modified based on our previous discussion:

ClearCollect(LoopCount,FirstN([0, 2000, 4000, 6000, 8000, 10000, 12000],RoundUp(First(Sort('Item Tracker',ID,Descending)).ID/2000,0)));

Clear(ListItems);
ForAll(LoopCount,Collect(ListItems,Filter('Item Tracker',ID > Value)));

@pwrappr01  Do you have duplicates in your SP list or is it getting collected inside the collection?

@yashag2255,

I just verified my SP List to ensure there were no duplicates there.

Rens_
Frequent Visitor

@pwrappr01 wrote:

@yashag2255,

I just noticed that the ListItems collection includes some duplicates that need to be removed. How can I correct this? Here is the code I modified based on our previous discussion:

ClearCollect(LoopCount,FirstN([0, 2000, 4000, 6000, 8000, 10000, 12000],RoundUp(First(Sort('Item Tracker',ID,Descending)).ID/2000,0)));

Clear(ListItems);
ForAll(LoopCount,Collect(ListItems,Filter('Item Tracker',ID > Value)));

Thanks for your solution. 

For SharePoint this seems to be working, but it isn't for Excel.

is it still working? ID is giving delegation warning now and count limited to 2000.

Odiseo55
Frequent Visitor

I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but it didn't work, I only managed to get 2000 item ...

Put the code in App-Onstart: 

ClearCollect(loopC,FirstN([0,2000,4000,6000,8000,10000,12000,14000,16000],
RoundUp(First(Sort(ShipToList,ID,Descending)).ID/2000,0)));

Clear(ItemShipTo);
ForAll(loopC, Collect(ItemShipTo, Filter(ShipToList, ID > Value)));

Your help please!

I am running into the same issue that @Odiseo55 is having.  Would love to hear if anyone was able to figure that out!

Odiseo55
Frequent Visitor

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

Power Apps Community Call

Monthly Power Apps Community Call

Did you miss the call?? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here!

secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV STudio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage applications post-AppSource publish.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,347)