Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rgparisoto
Helper V
Helper V

How to Submit the same form multiple times

Hello friends!

I need to submit the same information from a form, that have two fields that I have to change, for example:

Date - Value - Obs.

01/01/2018 - $ 50.00 - Part 01/10

01/02/2018 - $ 50.00 - Part 02/10

01/03/2018 - $ 50.00 - Part 03/10

01/04/2018 - $ 50.00 - Part 04/10

01/05/2018 - $ 50.00 - Part 05/10

01/06/2018 - $ 50.00 - Part 06/10

01/07/2018 - $ 50.00 - Part 07/10

01/08/2018 - $ 50.00 - Part 08/10

01/09/2018 - $ 50.00 - Part 09/10

01/10/2018 - $ 50.00 - Part 10/10

Does anyone have an idea to submit this information junt one time, and changing only the fields Date and Obs, instead of submit one by one?

Thank you.

49 REPLIES 49

@Anonymous

"I do think, in some cases, being able to use a loop would be better. My implementation is limited in the sense that there would be always 10 records added and changing that number would require change the source code."

Yeah that is what I meant with limited and tricky.

"But PA is determined to be no-code so having loops looks very unlikely."

Who said that? Was he drunk or high?? I don't even think that this is even possible. I'm ain't no IT guy or programmer but to make something without code is simply impossible unless they will want us to make only "calculators" in powerapps. I think the timer was meant to be a loop function from beginning but problem with the timer is that it is an item therefore it has a lot of properties in it which are absolutely useless for looping so what I used to do was to set the timer invisible and triggered it with the button but I still ended up with 10 useless items on my screen therefore the loop function would be much more better in every cases

"The only issue I can think of right now is when OnTimerStart doesn't increment its iterator before the next loop runs."

You can adjust the number of repeating very easily in timer and as far as I know it worked perfectly but I didn't try that with Patch function yet because the Patch hasn't been in siena before but I'm 100% sure it will work. I used to have 10 timers in my app with seriously massive code in it (2 A4 pages when I pasted it to word) and it was definitely waiting (sometimes too long) and updating the iterator without any problem. Try it and let me know

@rgparisoto

You got two options mentioned here so you can chose which one you want to use and amend them to your needs. But from your post 

"(It's like when someone buy me something and want to pay for me in 10 months (or more))"

I would use timer. Reasons are mentioned above. In that case you can't use limited SubmitForm with limited Form item and use Patch function and pick the values from each item instead

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sienna --

About the no-code thing? It's on their homepage / feature page or whatever.

https://powerapps.microsoft.com/en-us/

image.png

I even remember the team rejecting one of the suggested ideas on the premise that PA is supposed to be no-code. (I'd link it but I have no motivation to dig right now. Lol)

And the each loop waiting to finish before repeating... That's good to know. I'd experiment with it but frankly, I really don't have the time right now. Maybe I will in the future. In any case, I've had problems with PA not making sense before. I believe there was this one time (I don't know if they fixed it or not) where if you have a ClearCollect() call before Navigate()Navigate() might execute before the ClearCollect() is finished. 

@rgparisoto --

Definitely agree with Sienna here. Use a Timer object to simulate a loop and use Patch() instead of SubmitForm() to do the submissions. My method only allows loops with a defined number of iterations.

P.S. This syntax-changing-for-each-locale is tripping me up. lol. Is this unique to PA?

Edit: Minor typos.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rgparisoto --

Here's my suggestion for setting it up. A few points though beforehand.

• Be aware, though, that I'm doing PA at a different locale. Syntax will vary. I'll do my best to adhere to yours but take the code with a grain of salt.
  • I don't know what your object names are so I'm going to make some up. I'll do my best to make it have sense though.
  • This field -- Observações. I'm assuming this is just to note which repetition this is. In that case, you don't need a form to do it. We can just build it with our loop. However, I don't want to just ignore the field that's already there so I'm just going to append that to our screen.
  • I'm assuming you don't want your layout / stuff to change. I'm going to work with that arrangement.
  • I'm also assuming the field, Repetições, will not be saved in the table and is just in the form as a control. If not, just add that in the patch function.

Set-up:

1. Create a Timer object, let's call it TimerObject, with the following properties:
    OnTimerStart: // The submission code to be added later.
    Repeat: iterator < RepetitionsControl.Value
    OnSelect: UpdateContext({ iterator: 0 })
    Visible: false
  2. You already have a Check Icon. Set it to have the ff. OnSelect code.
    Select( TimerObject )
  3. TimerObject.OnSelect. Base the code you're going to use with the one below.
    Patch( YourDataSource, Defaults( YourDataSource ), {
        DataMovimento: DateAdd( DataMovimentoControl.SelectedDate, Iterator - 1, Months ),
    // Add the following fields:
    // Número, Conta, Fornecedor, Categoria, Subcategoria, Valor and Compensado
    Observações: Text(Value, "[$-en-US]00") & "/" & Text( Last(Numbers).Value ) & " " &
    ObservaçõesControl.Text });
    UpdateContext({ iterator: iterator + 1 })
    Note that if you're saving your list in Sharepoint, then you will need some tweaks in the code. However, I won't be able to help you with it. Sharepoint Lists don't like me and the feeling is mutual.

@Sienna -- Assuming you want to help this guy, any thoughts?

@Anonymous

"About the no-code thing? It's on their homepage"

Yeahh I kinda lost the trust with Microsoft since all the "ditching" they have done so far. I'm still trying to get over it. If the powerapps will be "no coding thing" it means it will be so limited that no one will work with it. I just think (hope) it is another their unsuccessful idiotic add to get more users to powerapps and mostly O365. As far as I can see nothing has changed since they starded PA with Sienna. They added few more codes(functions) instead of less codes which telling me that the add is just another bull****t (hopefully). BTW why not to make Excel "No Coding Thing" .... Microsoft!!!!

"I've had problems with PA not making sense before. I believe there was this one time (I don't know if they fixed it or not) where if you have a ClearCollect() call before Navigate()Navigate() might execute before the ClearCollect() is finished"

I haven't try that but if you really need to trigger ClearCollect before Navigate then use Timer too.. I know it sounds really crazy but you can be 100% sure it will be executed correctly every time and in every circumstances 

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sienna --

I actually thought my feelings regarding PA and Microsoft were known in this community. I've ranted a lot of times about PA, especially when a major update is rolled in and it's not backwards compatible. And one of my posts is a Featured Post! Nevertheless, I feel you. I'm just thankful I'm moving jobs in a few weeks and will have nothing serious to do with PA anymore. Good luck, man!

And about the ClearCollect() and Navigate()? We already fixed the issue (by refactoring everything I've written so far. it was not fun.) but I do appreciate the tip. Thanks!

@Anonymous

"About the no-code thing? It's on their homepage"

I was thinking about the "no coding thing" over the night and here is my another thought. For programmer (proper programmer (geek as you wish)) coding means coding in C++, C#, Java and so on, however coding in powerapps isn't really coding. It is just a bunch of functions glued together and powerapps simply takes care of proper coding (in this case I'm sure it is Java). It is something like advanced Excel. I haven't met anyone what would say "I was coding in excel" but only "I made a table"... However for us as no programmers this is the only way to create an app and those functions are like a codes to us. I think the add should say something like this

"No programming skills required but you can't be dump"

But I don't think that would sell the product

Hopefully I'm right here

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sienna --

I believe we have succeeded in derailing this thread... but what the heck. I'll go on if you want to.

Yeah, I do agree. There is coding and there is programming (...and there's probably a better way of saying that but you get the context). But it's still code. Even if you discount the code similar to what Excel has, I believe PA still counts as having code because not all code is Excel-like. We have imperative functions we often need to perform tasks such as Navigate(), Collect(), Back(), UpdateContext() and so forth. We have variables. We even use programming-esque terminology. In a sense, that's like basic programming -- the stuff people first learn when start to learn "actual" programming. (And what I'm learning right now. Basic level stuff. Yay for college.) To say that PA is no code is pretty much a lie. I'll accept the label of low-code. PA can claim it would handle all the high level programming we usually need to make an app (event handlers, hosting, actual query code, etc.) but it can't claim that the users would never need to code. 

And +1 for your suggested ad! If only. lol. 😄

@Anonymous

I believe we have succeeded in derailing this thread... but what the heck. I'll go on if you want to.

Yeah what the heck Smiley LOL

Back in Sienna time we could actually post the app into the windows store. You could download a script which transfer your app into the java code and from visual sudio you could just simply post it to the store. Whish the times are back and microsoft didn't ditch that idea. The sienna was not implemented into the O365 and the apps were stand-alone so in your case even if you would change the job you could still be able to work on your apps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Sienna wrote:

Yeah what the heck Smiley LOL

Back in Sienna time we could actually post the app into the windows store. You could download a script which transfer your app into the java code and from visual sudio you could just simply post it to the store. Whish the times are back and microsoft didn't ditch that idea. The sienna was not implemented into the O365 and the apps were stand-alone so in your case even if you would change the job you could still be able to work on your apps.

That's actually seems like a better idea. More complexity for users but more control. Less abstraction though so greater chances for faulty and leaky apps. Ultimately, it's a matter of thresholds. Where does Microsoft want to set their limits at? What costs are they willing to take?

Although the fact that they're ditching Project Siena doesn't seem well for PowerApps. And the fact that I can't seem to find a good description page of it in Google also seems worrying. This started when? 2013? And Microsoft's letting it go in about 2 months? If PA continues this trend of simply sucking, then... I don't know. Then again, it won't be my problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements

Tuesday Tip | How to Report Spam in Our Community

It's time for another TUESDAY TIPS, your weekly connection with the most insightful tips and tricks that empower both newcomers and veterans in the Power Platform Community! Every Tuesday, we bring you a curated selection of the finest advice, distilled from the resources and tools in the Community. Whether you’re a seasoned member or just getting started, Tuesday Tips are the perfect compass guiding you across the dynamic landscape of the Power Platform Community.   As our community family expands each week, we revisit our essential tools, tips, and tricks to ensure you’re well-versed in the community’s pulse. Keep an eye on the News & Announcements for your weekly Tuesday Tips—you never know what you may learn!   Today's Tip: How to Report Spam in Our Community We strive to maintain a professional and helpful community, and part of that effort involves keeping our platform free of spam. If you encounter a post that you believe is spam, please follow these steps to report it: Locate the Post: Find the post in question within the community.Kebab Menu: Click on the "Kebab" menu | 3 Dots, on the top right of the post.Report Inappropriate Content: Select "Report Inappropriate Content" from the menu.Submit Report: Fill out any necessary details on the form and submit your report.   Our community team will review the report and take appropriate action to ensure our community remains a valuable resource for everyone.   Thank you for helping us keep the community clean and useful!

Tuesday Tip | How to Get Community Support

It's time for another Tuesday Tip, your weekly connection with the most insightful tips and tricks that empower both newcomers and veterans in the Power Platform Community! Every Tuesday, we bring you a curated selection of the finest advice, distilled from the resources and tools in the Community. Whether you’re a seasoned member or just getting started, Tuesday Tips are the perfect compass guiding you across the dynamic landscape of the Power Platform Community.       This Week: All About Community Support Whether you're a seasoned community veteran or just getting started, you may need a bit of help from time to time! If you need to share feedback with the Community Engagement team about the community or are looking for ways we can assist you with user groups, events, or something else, Community Support is the place to start.   Community Support is part of every one of our communities, accessible to all our community members.   Within each community's Community Support page, you'll find three distinct areas, each with a different focus to help you when you need support from us most. Power Apps: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Support/ct-p/pa_community_support Power Automate: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Support/ct-p/mpa_community_support Power Pages: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Support/ct-p/mpp_community_support Copilot Studio: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Support/ct-p/pva_community-support   Community Support Form If you need more assistance, you can reach out to the Community Team via the Community support form. Choose the type of support you require and fill in the form accordingly. We will respond to you promptly.    Thank you for being an active part of our community. Your contributions make a difference!   Best Regards, The Community Management Team

Community Roundup: A Look Back at Our Last 10 Tuesday Tips

As we continue to grow and learn together, it's important to reflect on the valuable insights we've shared. For today's #TuesdayTip, we're excited to take a moment to look back at the last 10 tips we've shared in case you missed any or want to revisit them. Thanks for your incredible support for this series--we're so glad it was able to help so many of you navigate your community experience!   Getting Started in the Community An overview of everything you need to know about navigating the community on one page!  Community Links: ○ Power Apps ○ Power Automate  ○ Power Pages  ○ Copilot Studio    Community Ranks and YOU Have you ever wondered how your fellow community members ascend the ranks within our community? We explain everything about ranks and how to achieve points so you can climb up in the rankings! Community Links: ○ Power Apps ○ Power Automate  ○ Power Pages  ○ Copilot Studio    Powering Up Your Community Profile Your Community User Profile is how the Community knows you--so it's essential that it works the way you need it to! From changing your username to updating contact information, this Knowledge Base Article is your best resource for powering up your profile. Community Links: ○ Power Apps ○ Power Automate  ○ Power Pages  ○ Copilot Studio    Community Blogs--A Great Place to Start There's so much you'll discover in the Community Blogs, and we hope you'll check them out today!  Community Links: ○ Power Apps ○ Power Automate  ○ Power Pages  ○ Copilot Studio    Unlocking Community Achievements and Earning Badges Across the Communities, you'll see badges on users profile that recognize and reward their engagement and contributions. Check out some details on Community badges--and find out more in the detailed link at the end of the article! Community Links: ○ Power Apps  ○ Power Automate  ○ Power Pages  ○ Copilot Studio    Blogging in the Community Interested in blogging? Everything you need to know on writing blogs in our four communities! Get started blogging across the Power Platform communities today! Community Links: ○ Power Apps  ○ Power Automate  ○ Power Pages  ○ Copilot Studio   Subscriptions & Notifications We don't want you to miss a thing in the community! Read all about how to subscribe to sections of our forums and how to setup your notifications! Community Links: ○ Power Apps  ○ Power Automate  ○ Power Pages  ○ Copilot Studio   Getting Started with Private Messages & Macros Do you want to enhance your communication in the Community and streamline your interactions? One of the best ways to do this is to ensure you are using Private Messaging--and the ever-handy macros that are available to you as a Community member! Community Links: ○ Power Apps  ○ Power Automate  ○ Power Pages  ○ Copilot Studio   Community User Groups Learn everything about being part of, starting, or leading a User Group in the Power Platform Community. Community Links: ○ Power Apps  ○ Power Automate  ○ Power Pages  ○ Copilot Studio   Update Your Community Profile Today! Keep your community profile up to date which is essential for staying connected and engaged with the community. Community Links: ○ Power Apps  ○ Power Automate  ○ Power Pages  ○ Copilot Studio   Thank you for being an integral part of our journey.   Here's to many more Tuesday Tips as we pave the way for a brighter, more connected future! As always, watch the News & Announcements for the next set of tips, coming soon!

Hear what's next for the Power Up Program

Hear from Principal Program Manager, Dimpi Gandhi, to discover the latest enhancements to the Microsoft #PowerUpProgram, including a new accelerated video-based curriculum crafted with the expertise of Microsoft MVPs, Rory Neary and Charlie Phipps-Bennett. If you’d like to hear what’s coming next, click the link below to sign up today! https://aka.ms/PowerUp  

Tuesday Tip: Community User Groups

It's time for another TUESDAY TIPS, your weekly connection with the most insightful tips and tricks that empower both newcomers and veterans in the Power Platform Community! Every Tuesday, we bring you a curated selection of the finest advice, distilled from the resources and tools in the Community. Whether you’re a seasoned member or just getting started, Tuesday Tips are the perfect compass guiding you across the dynamic landscape of the Power Platform Community.   As our community family expands each week, we revisit our essential tools, tips, and tricks to ensure you’re well-versed in the community’s pulse. Keep an eye on the News & Announcements for your weekly Tuesday Tips—you never know what you may learn!   Today's Tip: Community User Groups and YOU Being part of, starting, or leading a User Group can have many great benefits for our community members who want to learn, share, and connect with others who are interested in the Microsoft Power Platform and the low-code revolution.   When you are part of a User Group, you discover amazing connections, learn incredible things, and build your skills. Some User Groups work in the virtual space, but many meet in physical locations, meaning you have several options when it comes to building community with people who are learning and growing together!   Some of the benefits of our Community User Groups are: Network with like-minded peers and product experts, and get in front of potential employers and clients.Learn from industry experts and influencers and make your own solutions more successful.Access exclusive community space, resources, tools, and support from Microsoft.Collaborate on projects, share best practices, and empower each other. These are just a few of the reasons why our community members love their User Groups. Don't wait. Get involved with (or maybe even start) a User Group today--just follow the tips below to get started.For current or new User Group leaders, all the information you need is here: User Group Leader Get Started GuideOnce you've kicked off your User Group, find the resources you need:  Community User Group ExperienceHave questions about our Community User Groups? Let us know! We are here to help you!

Super User of the Month | Ahmed Salih

We're thrilled to announce that Ahmed Salih is our Super User of the Month for April 2024. Ahmed has been one of our most active Super Users this year--in fact, he kicked off the year in our Community with this great video reminder of why being a Super User has been so important to him!   Ahmed is the Senior Power Platform Architect at Saint Jude's Children's Research Hospital in Memphis. He's been a Super User for two seasons and is also a Microsoft MVP! He's celebrating his 3rd year being active in the Community--and he's received more than 500 kudos while authoring nearly 300 solutions. Ahmed's contributions to the Super User in Training program has been invaluable, with his most recent session with SUIT highlighting an incredible amount of best practices and tips that have helped him achieve his success.   Ahmed's infectious enthusiasm and boundless energy are a key reason why so many Community members appreciate how he brings his personality--and expertise--to every interaction. With all the solutions he provides, his willingness to help the Community learn more about Power Platform, and his sheer joy in life, we are pleased to celebrate Ahmed and all his contributions! You can find him in the Community and on LinkedIn. Congratulations, Ahmed--thank you for being a SUPER user!  

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (2,963)