cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Import file and retrieve content by app-user

Hi there, is it possible to allow the user of the App to import a file (e.g. csv) and to make use of the data from the imported file within the app (e.g. show a certain value in a text-field)?

Thanks,

Lukas

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Support
Community Support

Re: Import file and retrieve content by app-user

Hi @Lukas1 ,

At what stage do you want to import CSV file, the App design phase or the delivery phase?

In the App design phase, you only need to Save-As the CSV file as an Excel file, and you'll be able to save it to OneDrive to connect to it from PowerApps, and/or you may import it as static data. (Please remember that we would need you to configure the range as a table to ensure it is available to PowerApps.)

However in the delivery phase, PowerApps only supports to import the data that exported from anther app now. For more information: Import and Export.

If you want the end user can be able to import csv file and use, please submit an idea to PowerApps Ideas Forum: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

Best regards,

Sik

Highlighted
Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: Import file and retrieve content by app-user

Thanks for your reply. Not the answer I was hoping for as my goal is to import files by the end-user on runtime (delivery phase).

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (12,306)