cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Advocate II
Advocate II

Intermittent 'An error occurred on the server' on PATCH to SharePoint list

Over the last several days, my users have been reporting receiving intermittent 'An error occured on the server' warnings when submitting a SharePoint list update from their app. The error is received when submitting from browser--I haven't seen any instances of the error being generated from iOS app at this point. I haven't been able to recreate yet, but I have been able to confirm that when a user receives the error, the SharePoint list is NOT updated.

The update is a PATCH function. This app was launched in March, and has performed flawlessly up until this week. We published an update earlier this week to change the contents of several static drop-downs, but we have reviewed the app and confirmed that no other changes have been made.

Could really use some help on this. Our users rely on this app, and I don't want them to lose confidence in it.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Power Apps
Power Apps

Re: Intermittent 'An error occurred on the server' on PATCH to SharePoint list

Thanks Steven for letting us know. I've gone ahead and filed a bug for the product team to look at. In the meantime, do you mind providing us a session ID the next time this issue occurs? 

To get a session ID, you can follow these steps: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/get-sessionid

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Demo-Extravaganza 2020

Check out these cool Power Apps & vote on your favorite!

secondImage

Robotic Process Automation

Let's talk about the solution provided by Microsoft for Robotic Process Automation (RPA)

secondImage

Community Highlights

Check out whats happening in Power Apps

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,137)