cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it possible to call Stored Procedures in PowerApps?

Hi Everyone. 

Is there any way to call SP in PowerApps. I am trying to execute  it  using Microsoft flow . Please advice. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BrianKnight
Level 8

Re: Is it possible to call Stored Procedures in PowerApps?

Hi @Anonymous I created a video last week on how to do it and you can see step by step here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Video-Gallery/Calling-Stored-Procedures-from-within-PowerApps/m-p/161897. It's trickier if you want to do a select sproc. At that point, views might make the most sense. 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous

There is no direct way to call a stored procedure in PowerApps. The way to call a SP is to use the technique that you're currently using, which is to execute the SP in Flow, and to call the Flow from PowerApps.

BrianKnight
Level 8

Hi @Anonymous I created a video last week on how to do it and you can see step by step here: https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Community-Video-Gallery/Calling-Stored-Procedures-from-within-PowerApps/m-p/161897. It's trickier if you want to do a select sproc. At that point, views might make the most sense. 

View solution in original post

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @BrianKnight could you help me with the push notification here. 

I am trying to send an email along with a push notification ,  the email part works fine , not the push notification..  please suggest, below is my function.

ForAll(Gallery3_3.AllItems,Office365.SendEmail(Label8_10.Text,"Wish You a very Happy Work Anniversary",TextInput2_7.Text,{Cc: User().Email}));

PowerAppsNotification.SendPushNotification(

({

recipients: [Label8_10.Text],

openApp:true
})
)

BrianKnight
Level 8

Hi @Anonymous How do you presently populate Label8_10.Text? It might work better to create a collection to pass in because you might be hitting some limitation of the amount of text that label can logically hold. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

hi @BrianKnight  Label8_10.Text is coming from a gallery.  the value of Label8_10.Text is a lookup value.

Anonymous
Not applicable

also, the values of Label8_10.Text is an email address. 

BrianKnight
Level 8

Sorry about that. I'm debugging two notification issues and mixed the two of ya'll up :). As the primary debug step, try hard coding the email address to your own to see if you receive the notification. Let me know what error you're getting or it just doesn't show up. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did that just now.. i hard coded my email address.  It sends the notification to my phone. but i tried to hard code to another email addess it does not send out the notification.

BrianKnight
Level 8

OK that's great @Anonymous. So it sounds like hard coding shows it's not a coding problem, it's likely a phone permission problem. Can you confirm that the second phone you sent the message to has the allow notification turned on for PowerApps phone app?

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (9,064)