cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helper II
Helper II

Is it possible to list all tasks assigned to a user in a form?

I have an initial form that when submitted will be handed off to another group of users. I was wondering if there was a way to display a list of the forms submitted to users, who they were submitted by, and allow them to view and accept or deny the submission.

I don't have access to Microsoft Graph API which I think would be the most useful for this so would this be possible?

Also on a side-note without Graph is there a way to group users?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AlexEmprise ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to list all available tasks assigned to current sign in user, allow them to view and accept or deny the submission?

Further, where do you store the submission from your Edit form? In a SP List?

I assume that you store your form submission in a SP List, and there is a 'Assigned User' column in your SP List to store the user who you want to assign the task (the submission) to. And you also added a Choice type column (called "SubmissonStatus") to store the "Accept" or "Deny".

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think a Gallery and Filter function could achieve your needs. You could consider add a Gallery control (called "TasksGallery") in your app, set the Items property to following:

Filter('Tasks SP List', 'Assigned User' = User().FullName)

Add another Detail screen, and add a Display form inside it, connect this Display form to same Task SP List as above TasksGallery. Set the Item property of Display form to following:

TasksGallery.Selected

Set the OnSelect property of the ">" icon in above TasksGallery to following:

Navigate(DisplayformScreen)   // press it to navigate to the Display form screen to view the submission

within above Detail screen, add a "Accept" button and "Deny" button. Set the OnSelect property of the "Accept" button to following:

Patch(                        // update the "SubmissionStatus" field value to recognized this submission has been Accepted
      'Tasks SP List',
      TasksGallery.Selected,  // or type LookUp('Tasks SP List', ID = TasksGallery.Selected.ID)
      {
         SubmissionStatus: {
                             Value: "Accept"
                           }
      }
)

set the OnSelect property of the "Deny" button to following:

Patch(                    // update the "SubmissionStatus" field value to recognized this submission has been Denyed
      'Tasks SP List',
      TasksGallery.Selected,   // or type LookUp('Tasks SP List', ID = TasksGallery.Selected.ID)
      {
                             Value: "Deny"
                           }
      }
)

Patch function

Please take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @AlexEmprise ,

What is this form? where are you saving this form? when you mean by form is it implemented in Power Apps and data is storing in a SharePoint List / DB?

Give us some more insight to help you better.

Let me know I am always happy to help.

Regards,

Krishna

I hope this resolved your issue if you see any challenge/need further help please let me know I am always happy to do it for my community.

Proud to be a Super User!

Regards,
KrishnaV
Business Applications MVP
Twitter | Linkedin | YouTube | GitHub
If this post helps you give a 👍 and if it solved your issue consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members / new members of the community.
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @AlexEmprise ,

Could you please share a bit more about your scenario?

Do you want to list all available tasks assigned to current sign in user, allow them to view and accept or deny the submission?

Further, where do you store the submission from your Edit form? In a SP List?

I assume that you store your form submission in a SP List, and there is a 'Assigned User' column in your SP List to store the user who you want to assign the task (the submission) to. And you also added a Choice type column (called "SubmissonStatus") to store the "Accept" or "Deny".

Based on the needs that you mentioned, I think a Gallery and Filter function could achieve your needs. You could consider add a Gallery control (called "TasksGallery") in your app, set the Items property to following:

Filter('Tasks SP List', 'Assigned User' = User().FullName)

Add another Detail screen, and add a Display form inside it, connect this Display form to same Task SP List as above TasksGallery. Set the Item property of Display form to following:

TasksGallery.Selected

Set the OnSelect property of the ">" icon in above TasksGallery to following:

Navigate(DisplayformScreen)   // press it to navigate to the Display form screen to view the submission

within above Detail screen, add a "Accept" button and "Deny" button. Set the OnSelect property of the "Accept" button to following:

Patch(                        // update the "SubmissionStatus" field value to recognized this submission has been Accepted
      'Tasks SP List',
      TasksGallery.Selected,  // or type LookUp('Tasks SP List', ID = TasksGallery.Selected.ID)
      {
                             Value: "Accept"
                           }
      }
)

set the OnSelect property of the "Deny" button to following:

Patch(                    // update the "SubmissionStatus" field value to recognized this submission has been Denyed
      'Tasks SP List',
      TasksGallery.Selected,   // or type LookUp('Tasks SP List', ID = TasksGallery.Selected.ID)
      {
                             Value: "Deny"
                           }
      }
)

Patch function

Please take a try with above solution, check if the issue is solved.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Kris Dai
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

@v-xida-msft 

Okay, so I have a form where a user can log in with an email and password. From there it validates the type of user.

If the user is Type A, I want to allow them to see the submissions they have made, edit a submission if it is sent back to them, and submit a new submission.

If the user is type B I want them to be able to view any submission assigned to them, then be able to view the selected submission and add information to the current submission selected, If they deny it will get routed back and assigned to the type A person and let them know what changes need to be made. If Type B accepts and adds the information needed then it will get assigned to type C.

Type C needs to be able to view all submissions assigned to them and then approve or deny the request, if approved it will send an email to type A telling them it was approved and if denied it will email type A and tell them it was denied.

The only difficult part here is, I'm not doing validation based on the current user that is signed into powerapps but the information used on my sign-in page. 

I don't have any SP lists or anything like that just yet. I'm willing to build out whatever will make this work.

I currently have forms built out for the initial submission, the login screen, and then I have blank screens for the Type A, type B, and Type C dashboards.

Right now I'm storing the information from the initial submission in a collection so it is easy to access.

I'm not sure if this information would help you but I'm thinking what you posted wouldn't work as a solution for me.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Microsoft Ignite

Microsoft Ignite

Join digitally, March 2–4, 2021 to explore new tech that's ready to implement. Experience the keynote in mixed reality through AltspaceVR!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (38,079)