cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
colbyc
Helper III
Helper III

Link another form item from another list via button

I have two PowerApps forms tied to two different lists. Both lists are used as a data source in both forms. I need a button on Form 1 that links to Form 2. There is a number field in Form 1 in which subtracting 1000 from equals the ID that is used in the URL to Form 2.  

My best idea is to set two variables that are

X = ID - 1000

and then 

Y = "Url" + "X"

and then

Launch("Y")

Does that make any sense? I'm not entirely sure how to format/complete the variable setting.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@colbyc 

So, if these are in two different apps as I see in previous posts, then you will need to get the URL of the other App as your base url, then you can just append to that URL the ID that you want to pass.  There really is no need for any variables for this.

You simply need to Launch(yourAppURL & "&ID=" & Text(ID-1000))

Then in your target app, you can use the Param function to get the ID passed.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
Check out my PowerApps Videos too!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Nate-PTTP

If you are talking about URLs and the launch function, is it safe to say that these 2 forms are housed in separate apps? If not,  and the 2 fields are in the same app,  try this:

Make sure the form includes the ID field as a data card (even if you just keep it hidden for this purpose)

Button --> OnSelect= Set(otherFormVar, Value(DataCardValueN) + 1000) ; Navigate(ScreenWithOtherForm, screenTransition.Fade) 

Then on the screen with the other form, make sure the form mode is set to Edit,  and make the Item property:

Lookup(dataSource, ID = OtherFormVar, ThisRecord)

Hope I understood your question properly! If not,  I apologize. Best of luck to you! 

Hey @Nate-PTTP 

Unfortunately your first assumption was correct in that they are housed in two separate apps. Any ideas for a workaround?

@RandyHayes any ideas here? You helped with an issue awhile ago that worked perfectly! Sorry if tagging isn't appropriate!

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@colbyc 

So what kind of formulas do you have at this point that you're having problems with?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.

@RandyHayes 

If my strategy was correct (create/set 2 variables and then plug second variable into Launch function) then I'm unsure how to do that. Is there a way to do this all in a button (the last step of which would be Launch function)

RandyHayes
Super User III
Super User III

@colbyc 

So, if these are in two different apps as I see in previous posts, then you will need to get the URL of the other App as your base url, then you can just append to that URL the ID that you want to pass.  There really is no need for any variables for this.

You simply need to Launch(yourAppURL & "&ID=" & Text(ID-1000))

Then in your target app, you can use the Param function to get the ID passed.

View solution in original post

colbyc
Helper III
Helper III

@RandyHayes that worked like a charm, thanks so much!

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA User Group

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are Your Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skill Challenge.

secondImage

Demo Extravaganza is Back!

We are excited to announce that Demo Extravaganza for 2021 has started!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (58,350)