Multiple functions

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Re: Multiple functions

@Neil82 

Place SEARCH inside the SORTCOLUMNS function like this to achieve the desired result.

SortByColumns(
    Search(
        your_datasource_name, SearchInput1.Text, "Column1", "Column2", "Column3"
    ),
    "SortColumn1", Ascending,
    "SortColumn2", Descending
)

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

Sorry, for the blank post above. Posting the question here instead.

I'd like to know how to put multiple functions in the "Items" identity of the gallery. I would like to Search through text input, and I have somewhat done it already, however I am having troubles with the date. See pic below.

Pic2.png

I would also like to know how to combine both Search through text input and sort by column through an icon. I do not know how to combine both functions in one "item" identity.

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@Neil82 

Simply put, you cannot search a date because a date is not Text.  Do not use dates within the SEARCH function.

---
Please click "Accept as Solution" if my post answered your question so that others may find it more quickly. If you found this post helpful consider giving it a "Thumbs Up."

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

I see, then I can only sort by column (Ascending,Descending)? How do I do that when I already have a function on the "item" identity though?

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@Neil82 

Sorry, I can only tell you why you are getting the error message.  I don't understand the rest of your question...

Highlighted
Helper II
Helper II

This is what I'm trying to do, but I'm doing it wrong. I would like to put a SortByColumns as well in here.

pic4.png

Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

@Neil82 

Place SEARCH inside the SORTCOLUMNS function like this to achieve the desired result.

SortByColumns(
    Search(
        your_datasource_name, SearchInput1.Text, "Column1", "Column2", "Column3"
    ),
    "SortColumn1", Ascending,
    "SortColumn2", Descending
)

---

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

Watch Now

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

See the latest Power Apps innovations, updates, and demos from the Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Platform ISV Studio

Power Platform ISV Studio

ISV Studio is designed to become the go-to Power Platform destination for ISV’s to monitor & manage published applications.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,082)