cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Advocate II
Advocate II

NewForm(EditForm1) keeps containing info from last session

Each time I want to enter a new item the edit form contains information from the last time I used that screen.

For example, I've a peoplepicker on screen 2. When I click on new item on screen 1 which redirects me to screen 2 (the edit screen) it still shows the name I last entered in the last session.

How do I make sure that screen 2 doesn't contain data when I use it for a new item?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hey @Jean-Paul

Try to do this in the OnSucces from EditForm:

Back();ResetForm(EditForm1)

Hope this helps

Kind Regards

Tom

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered.

Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

View solution in original post

It worked but I had to change the ';' to a '+' sign:

Back()+ResetForm(EditForm1)

5 REPLIES 5
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

Hey @Jean-Paul

Try to do this in the OnSucces from EditForm:

Back();ResetForm(EditForm1)

Hope this helps

Kind Regards

Tom

If this reply has answered your question or solved your issue, please mark this question as answered.

Answered questions helps users in the future who may have the same issue or question quickly find a resolution via search. If you liked my response, please consider giving it a thumbs up.

It worked but I had to change the ';' to a '+' sign:

Back()+ResetForm(EditForm1)

Hey @Jean-Paul

I guess that has something to do with your regional settings.

Try to look for Region in windows search and then this:

click additional settingsclick additional settingslook in the list operatorlook in the list operator

Hope this helps 🙂

Kind regards

Tom

Nope, that isn't it. My region is set the English. But the app is being displayed in my mother language (dutch). Maybe the problem is caused by that.

Hey @Jean-Paul

I had that problem too because my mother language is also dutch 🙂

I fixed it to set the language of my pc to English so now I can use ; and , in PowerApps

Maybe that will fix your problem as well, I recommend you to set the language to english but use the Belgian Period as keyboard

Kind regards

Tom

Helpful resources

Announcements
secondImage

Experience what’s next for Power Apps

Join us for an in-depth look at the new Power Apps features and capabilities at the free Microsoft Business Applications Launch Event.

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (85,899)