Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
knsrinath
Helper V
Helper V

Patch function from Powerapps Canvas

Hi,

I have data in Excel 20 Rows and 5 Columns (Columns and Rows may vary based on available data). I want to copy (Ctrl C) all data from excel and past (Ctrl V) into Powerapps canvas and Patch to SharePoint along with few headers in Canvas with the help of button. or any alternate method.
Request your help in this regard.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@knsrinath 

Please see the attached App.  Download it to your computer and then in PowreApps studio, open or create an app, then (after in the designer) click on File->Open->Browse and open the file you downloaded.

Pretty much all of the work is done in the Items property of the Gallery in the app.  Take a look over that.

Here it is in action:

knsrinath.gif

Once you have this in your app, you can then just submit the gallery values for your SharePoint list.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)
Check out my PowerApps Videos too! And, follow me on Twitter @RandyHayes

Really want to show your appreciation? Buy Me A Cup Of Coffee!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@knsrinath 

Are you speaking of a literal copy and paste, or are you wanting to have your PowerApp use the Excel as a datasource and then collect in your SharePoint list the records from that list?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Digging it? - Click on the Thumbs Up below. Solved your problem? - Click on Accept as Solution below. Others seeking the same answers will be happy you did.
NOTE: My normal response times will be Mon to Fri from 1 PM to 10 PM UTC (and lots of other times too!)

Hi

Thanks for your reply.

Excel is my data source. My requirement is upload date to powerapps canvas, verify and patch to Sharepoint with few Headers.

knsrinath_0-1623342753631.png

Or

Upload Excel Data and I need to verify the excel data before patch to sharepoint.

Request your help in this regard.

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@knsrinath 

Yes, I had envisioned this already - my question though is that you specifically mentioned copy (ctrl-C) and Paste (ctrl-V).  Is that the operation you are looking for - for someone to manually open the Excel file, select a part of the worksheet, Ctrl-C copy it, then go to the PowerApp and Ctrl-V Paste it?

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@knsrinath 

Please see the attached App.  Download it to your computer and then in PowreApps studio, open or create an app, then (after in the designer) click on File->Open->Browse and open the file you downloaded.

Pretty much all of the work is done in the Items property of the Gallery in the app.  Take a look over that.

Here it is in action:

knsrinath.gif

Once you have this in your app, you can then just submit the gallery values for your SharePoint list.

@RandyHayes 

Thank You.......Thank You.......Thank You!

It is working excellent as I required.

Request you help me, patch to share Point as mentioned below

Assume E ID, Name & Dept are headers and will enter in 3 ComboBox as I mentioned in earlier message.

knsrinath_0-1623349288447.png

RandyHayes
Super User
Super User

@knsrinath 

Actually, can you explain more about what you mean by combobox?  You didn't mention a combobox that I can see from this thread.

@RandyHayes 

My Input

knsrinath_3-1623354021977.png

In Share Point Data to be Saved [with Save (Button)]

knsrinath_2-1623353899375.png

Hi

Request you help me to create Ticket# in Sharepoint List and rest all are working fine.

Thanks for your support.....

knsrinath_2-1623468251047.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (4,392)