cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JimmyKhan2021
Frequent Visitor

Power App Connected to Power BI Record writes to SharePoint List

Now I have a Power App embedded into a Power BI Visual which then writes to a SharePoint List . 

I have a problem with a field in the POWER APP form called Goods Value . In the Power BI visual the field Good Value is a Decimal and in the Power App Fields for the form it is Number but the Update property is DataCardValue1_1.TEXT. Text . The field in the SharePoint List is a number . So a blank Good Value , nothing in the Power BI field becomes a 0.00 in the SharePoint list instead of blank, when written there by the Power App.

If I blank out the UPDATE property , the scenario works and blank value end up as Blanks in the SharePoint List but no typed in values or Goods Value from Power BI field end up in the SharePoint List .  

I need a formula for the UPDATE property to say First([@PowerBIIntegration].Data).Goodsvalue is 0 then do not do anything but if it is not then its DataCardValue1_1.TEXT.

High Level - There is a Decimal data type in Power BI going to a Number data type in Power APP that then becomes TEXT data type with UPDATE property which then becomes a Number data type in the SharePoint list . It appears that blank values for the Goods Value field are passed implicitly by the Power App looking at the Monitor for the Power App . 

Anyone got a way to make this IF statement work . I have tried ISBLANK, ISEMPTY , ="" , ISNUMERIC options but I cannot find a way of the Power App identifying whether this decimal field type in POWER BI has a blank to switch between the 2 different behaviours for the UPDATE property in the POWER app for this Goods Value field in Power App. 

@ShaneYoung @powerapp 

0 REPLIES 0

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (3,268)