cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VijayRaghani

Power Apps Development

Hello Experts,

We are working on a data migration proposal for a customer. One of the competitor has proposed Outsystems as a solution and given some disadvantages of Power Platform as below:

• Standard App Architecture OutSystems apps are compiled -no interpreted code like Power Platform
  • Power Platform has No Native code -applications ride on top of Azure and CDS.
  • Power Platform has No native code--  locks customer to Microsoft cloud only.
  • No Team Development -Power Apps is challenging to have multiple people work on the same application.

Is this statements true ? Do we have any counter for the same?

Thanks

Vijay

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @VijayRaghani ,

Firstly, I am a user like you (and do not work for or have any association with Microsoft), so this is only my take on the subject. 

Of course a competitor will "cherry pick" what sounds like weaknesses and make them out to be that, but they may actually be strengths.

• Probably a true statement, but also allows interaction with the code for future development whereas you will be eternally reliant on the supplier for maintenance/changes (which is what they want).
  • PowerFX is the "native" code of Power Platform. I believe that Microsoft has big plans for this platform and I suspect has invested too much into it for it not to be "future proof".
  • Same as above
  • I think that this is actually one of the strengths - Users can develop their own apps and your own team (and your future team) has complete control over the development. There is generally no great issue copying code (or complete screens/forms) between versions of the app (so multiple people cam work on it concurrently).

I hope this assists.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
WarrenBelz
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @VijayRaghani ,

Firstly, I am a user like you (and do not work for or have any association with Microsoft), so this is only my take on the subject. 

Of course a competitor will "cherry pick" what sounds like weaknesses and make them out to be that, but they may actually be strengths.

• Probably a true statement, but also allows interaction with the code for future development whereas you will be eternally reliant on the supplier for maintenance/changes (which is what they want).
  • PowerFX is the "native" code of Power Platform. I believe that Microsoft has big plans for this platform and I suspect has invested too much into it for it not to be "future proof".
  • Same as above
  • I think that this is actually one of the strengths - Users can develop their own apps and your own team (and your future team) has complete control over the development. There is generally no great issue copying code (or complete screens/forms) between versions of the app (so multiple people cam work on it concurrently).

I hope this assists.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
PA_User Group Leader_768x460.jpg

Manage your user group events

Check out the News & Announcements to learn more.

Power Query PA Forum 768x460.png

Check it out!

Did you know that you can visit the Power Query Forum in Power BI and now Power Apps

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

R2 (Green) 768 x 460px.png

Microsoft Dynamics 365 & Power Platform User Professionals

DynamicsCon is a FREE, 4 half-day virtual learning experience for 11,000+ Microsoft Business Application users and professionals.

Users online (1,142)