cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eddie4763
Frequent Visitor

Powerapps Button Populate Word Template

Hello everyone. I hope this is a simple answer, and I've tried searching but I don't seem to know what to look for exactly. 

Ive created a flow that I want it to be triggered by a Powerapp button. The flow will 'Populate a Word Template' with the information from the Gallery that is linked to a Sharepoint List and save the file on OneDrive. I've managed to get it working, the only problem is that when the flow is triggered, it populates and creates a file for every item on the list, whereas I just want to populate the form for one single item, more specifically the item that has been selected from the Gallery. I believe it has to do something with what to reference the Flow trigger, which is what I don't know what to do. Any help will do. Thank you! 

4 REPLIES 4
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Eddie4763 ,

Please send me your Flow run code - also are you using the (Premium) word connector or the "Quick Parts" workaround?

I managed to figure it out. My flow was using Sharepoint Controls instead of "Ask in Powerapps". All resolved. Thank you! 

Manon_
Regular Visitor

Hey @Eddie4763, I'm trying to create something similar to what you have done, could you explain how you got the correct outcome? I have the PowerApp that updates the Sharepoint list but now I want to populate Word document from one item on the Sharepoint List. Could you help?

freddiejoseph1
Helper IV
Helper IV

Hi @Eddie4763 . I am also trying to do something similar so would be interested to know how you accomplished this.

Thanks,

Freddie

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

Welcome Super Users.jpg

Super User Season 2

Congratulations, the new Super User Season 2 for 2021 has started!

Carousel 2021 Release Wave 2 Plan 768x460.jpg

2021 Release Wave 2 Plan

Power Platform release plan for the 2021 release wave 2 describes all new features releasing from October 2021 through March 2022.

Users online (1,272)