Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Refresh Gallery After Patch?

Hey All, 

I have an app with a number of screens, that is connected to dynamics

In the first screen(Aptitude Test Score), I have two rows that I want to display on the last screen (scnMain_Final).

The list is filtered and displayed on the last screen via a test schedule (lstTestSchedule)

I have a patch, which updates the value on change, and these changes are correctly reflected in dynamics.

On screen 1 these items are in the gallery (lstApplications)

The problem is that these values are not updated on the last screen (it doesn't have the latest dynamics values)

On the final screen, the gallery is lstApplications_8

The text input (inside the gallery) is called txtAptitudeScore (for the first screen), and txtAptitudeScore3 (for the final screen).

It is set to ThisItem.'Aptitude Test Score'.

I have not been able to successfully loop through my created collection and display those values in the final screen.

Any suggestions!?!?

Thanks,

A

18 REPLIES 18
Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

The easiest way to fix this is to issue a Refresh(name of datasource); after each Patch() or set of Patches().  That should force the galleries to update with fresh data.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved.
If you like my response, please give it a Thumbs Up.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pstork1 

Thanks for the suggestion!

I have tried adding this after the patches (this is a list of all of the data sources that I'm connected to). Unfortunately same result (*shrug*)

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

You only need to refresh the ones you actually patch.  But if that alone doesn't do it then you may also need to refresh(galleryname)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pstork1 
Interestingly enough, changing the date to a certain time, and then changing back fixes my problem (as does hard refresh)

But when it comes to refreshing the gallery, I am getting the error "Only managed connections can be refreshed"

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

Sorry I misstyped.  You refresh data sources.  You reset controls like galleries.  Resetting the gallery will get it to refresh the data and re-apply any defaults.  So it should be Reset(lstApplications)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pstork1 

Thanks, I am trying to reset them, I have tried a list of refreshes now on the gallery, the "next screen" button, and a literal reset button.

I'm not sure that I need things to reset to default? I'm trying to get the data entered on first screen (ie, 10, 15) to say the exact same thing on the last screen (10,15).

Clicking the test schedule, changing it, and changing back refreshes the value in the correct way. But want to figure out how to do that functionality, without having to do that haha. I'm confused why resetting the test schedule isn't working? Is there a way to change it, and then change it back? (immediately after patch)

My issue looks quite similar to this thread: 

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/Building-Power-Apps/Form-not-updating-after-patching/m-p/156227#...

Thanks,

A

Anonymous
Not applicable

*Bump*

Hey all,

Sorry but issue still persists. Any idea what to do when refresh, reset isn't working?

Pstork1
Dual Super User III
Dual Super User III

What is the data source and Items properties of the gallery that is not refreshing?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Pstork1 

Hey, so the data source says None for all of them. But the items property:

Sort(lstTestSchedule.Selected.'Job Applications (ns_Application_PhysicalSession_TestSchedule)','Last Name')

Manually refreshing lstTestSchedule refreshes the gallery, but when running through the app the trying to reset/refresh the above doesn't automatically do it

Helpful resources

Announcements
UG GA Amplification 768x460.png

Launching new user group features

Learn how to create your own user groups today!

Community Connections 768x460.jpg

Community & How To Videos

Check out the new Power Platform Community Connections gallery!

M365 768x460.jpg

Microsoft 365 Collaboration Conference | December 7–9, 2021

Join us, in-person, December 7–9 in Las Vegas, for the largest gathering of the Microsoft community in the world.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,179)