cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
UnitedLexAdmin
Level: Powered On

Responsive layout is not adjusting to screen size

I created an app and followed the responsive layout instructions (Scale to Fit off, Aspect Ratio off, adjusting all X, Y, Height and Width values), but my app still doesn't adjust to the screen.

When viewing the app you need to use the scroll bars to view the entire screen. 

Screen Height: Max(App.Height, App.DesignHeight)

Screen Width: Max(App.Width, App.DesignWidth)

16:9 Size

Here's a picture:2019-07-29_16-43-33.pngResponsive layout not working!

5 REPLIES 5
Super User
Super User

Re: Responsive layout is not adjusting to screen size

Hi @UnitedLexAdmin ,

Try to set the size of the app to actual sizes and not to a ratio. It sounds like you are on the rigth track, but what happens when you create a new app with the same settings are your current app?

Below is a video that shows some ways to test the resizing.

https://youtu.be/6QO_4A2WUnk

Dawid van Heerden
Follow on Twitter: @davestechtips
Subscribe to YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/davestechtips?sub_confirmation=1
**If you found this reply helpful, please mark this as the answer to close the topic and make it easier to find for other people with similar questions.

UnitedLexAdmin

Hey David. The 16:9 size is the default size for a tablet app. Not sure how I should overcome that unless you're saying that I should adjust the screen size width and height to something other than the max formulas. I've watched the video a couple times and I still can't figure out why it's not adjusting. 

Is it because the viewing screen is smaller than 16:9?

2019-07-29_17-54-23.png

UnitedLexAdmin

Microsoft johnels
Microsoft

The default formulas for Screen Width and Height use the Max function to enforce minimum dimensions for your responsive layout. If the app is running in a window smaller than the minimum, PowerApps automatically adds the scrollbars.

The minimum dimensions App.DesignWidth and App.DesignHeight use the dimensions selected in the Screen size + orientation settings. (You've indicated that you have set the size to 16:9, so the minimum will be 1366x768.)

If your responsive layout can handle smaller minimum dimensions, you can change them in one of two ways:

A. In the formulas, replace App.DesignWidth and App.DesignHeight with smaller constant values (e.g. 400 and 300, respectively), or

B. Choose a Custom size in the Screen size + orientation settings. (However, this will also reduce the size of your canvas at design time, which you may find inconvenient.)

More documentation about this topic here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/create-responsive-layout#understand-app...

Also, if you want your responsive layout to adjust for narrow vs wide windows (or portrait vs landscape tablets/phones), see: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/powerapps/maker/canvas-apps/create-responsive-layout#adapting-layou...

I hope this explanation helps.

Super User
Super User

Hi @UnitedLexAdmin 

Correct, try setting the actual screen size as a test, instead of using the default ratio.

Have you tried doing this on a new app as well? Also try this on a new phone app, then make it responsive

Let me know if you don't come right.

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

'New Ranks and Rank Icons in April

Read the announcement for more information!

Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

'Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

thirdimage

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow - The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (1,502)