cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Reply
Helper I
Helper I

SearchUser() not returning consistent results with short last names.

I use Office365Users.SearchUser in several combo boxes. I am able to search and return about 80% of the users in the organization. But... the other 20% won't return.

 

The majority of searches are ran on the last name. The documentation I can find states that the search term searches through displayname, given name, surname, email, etc...but I don't get consistent results depending on search term length. Reference - SearchUser

 

But when I search 'Berg' ... I get no results. If I search 'Steve.Berg' it returns a result because it apparently chooses to search email addresses when a . is present.

 

 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @silkwire ,

 

I just tested with my name and I got the same result. I searched "Li" for "Mona Li" and the result does not show. I think this is by design behavior. If you need this feature, please try to add an idea in below forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @silkwire ,

 

I just tested with my name and I got the same result. I searched "Li" for "Mona Li" and the result does not show. I think this is by design behavior. If you need this feature, please try to add an idea in below forum:

https://powerusers.microsoft.com/t5/PowerApps-Ideas/idb-p/PowerAppsIdeas

 

Regards,

Mona

Community Support Team _ Mona Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Badges

New Solution Badges!

Check out our new profile badges recognizing authored solutions!

New Power Super Users

Congratulations!

We are excited to announce the Power Apps Super Users!

Power Apps Community Call

Power Apps Community Call: February

Did you miss the call? Check out the Power Apps Community Call here.

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (70,464)