cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Usmannb
Helper I
Helper I

Setting "LoadingSpinner" property of Gallery does nothing.

I have some images in my gallery and the image value depends on a complex formula. Since I have lots of data when I navigate to the screen which has the gallery for all rows the image value is same and as PowerApps process the data the images start changing. Which is a very nasty UX challenge.
I discovered "LoadingSpinner" property of galleries and thought that PowerApp will show the loading spinner while it is processing the gallery data and once all data is loaded it will show the gallery but even after setting the "LoadingSpinner" to LoadingSpinner.Controls nothing happens.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Usmannb
Helper I
Helper I

The problem was that the DelayItemLoading was set to false. It set it to true and now the Loading Spinner is visible.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
WarrenBelz
Super User
Super User

Hi @Usmannb ,

The best setting for Loading Spinner I have found is Data - it is not perfect and will display the screen content a bit before it is all loaded, but it is better than nothing. You can also do your own spinner (there are a number of animated GIFs available with the Visible on a Variable that is set at the start of the code and reset (false) at the end of it.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Usmannb
Helper I
Helper I

Hi @WarrenBelz 
I have set Dataverse table as the Datasource of the Gallery. And I can not use the Set or UpdateContext function to set variable value in the items property of the Gallery. So, what is the solution to set variable in my case? 

@Usmannb ,

Other than a timer (and guess the loading time), not much ore than the LoadingSpinner function.

Please click Accept as solution if my post helped you solve your issue. This will help others find it more readily. It also closes the item. If the content was useful in other ways, please consider giving it Thumbs Up.

Usmannb
Helper I
Helper I

The problem was that the DelayItemLoading was set to false. It set it to true and now the Loading Spinner is visible.

keyurshah2992

For Modern UI Experience we can use Skeleton Loading in PowerApps.
Please check my YouTube Video for more details
Skeleton Loading in PowerApps

Helpful resources

Announcements
Power Apps News & Annoucements carousel

Power Apps News & Announcements

Keep up to date with current events and community announcements in the Power Apps community.

Community Call Conversations

Introducing the Community Calls Conversations

A great place where you can stay up to date with community calls and interact with the speakers.

Power Apps Community Blog Carousel

Power Apps Community Blog

Check out the latest Community Blog from the community!

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (5,221)