cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Visitor

Stability of investment in PowerApps and O365 cloud model?

With on-prem Microsoft Servers (Outlook/SharePoint/Windows) you get 10 years support, stabilty of costs over that duration, and technology for end users, support staff and developers for creating apps.

Exactly what stability does Microsoft offer in their cloud model? I know things are continually rolling out and improving which is great, but I see nothing that indicates how long support lasts for technologies, services can disappear with a handful of months notice (e.g. Access Services for SharePoint Online), and pricing models can change at a whim.

We're on the cusp of making decisions which cloud services to use for our enterprise, we're looking for stability in terms of pricing, and support of cloud technolgies.

I'm not seeing that in O365, and wonder if Salesforce is any better?  I'm seeing too much risk using O365, if we'd gone all in on PowerApps a year ago, we'd be switching direction again right now thanks to the shift of connectors to premium and price changes of premium that make it too expensive for our organisation to continue with.

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Advocate III
Advocate III

Re: Stability of investment in PowerApps and O365 cloud model?

I could not agree more. I have just made another post that touches on the same topic.

Helpful resources

Announcements
August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

August 2020 Community Challenge: Can You Solve These?

We're excited to announce our first cross-community 'Can You Solve These?' challenge!

secondImage

Return to Workplace

Reopen responsibly, monitor intelligently, and protect continuously with solutions for a safer work environment.

secondImage

Super Users Coming in August

We are excited for the next Super User season.

secondImage

Community User Group Member Badges

FIll out a quick form to claim your community user group member badge today!

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (7,146)