cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Regular Visitor

This formula uses scope, which is not presently supported for evaluation - - Data type: Table...error message

Hello community experts,

I created an canvas app based on a SP List. The List includes a People or Group column which corresponds to an app DataCard (and respective DataCardValue). The app also has a Submit button which populates the information in the app to the SP List columns. All worked great...data feed was correct and accurately populated the SP List columns and the Submit button functioned.

Now, I received a request to allow multiple selections for the People or Group SP column and respective app DataCard. I changed the SP column settings for the Allow multiple selections: option from previously No to now being Yes (radio button options), and I changed the app DataCardValue property for SelectMultiple from previously false to now being true. I also used the Data panel and successfully Refreshed. The result is:

• An error message in the DataCard for the Default properties (Default properties are ThisItem.'Requested For:' where Requested For: is the name of the SP List column) and the error message indicates the issue being "Expected Record value. The property on this control expects Record values. The rule produces Table values which are incompatible." and it states "How to fix. Change the rule to produce a {0} value."
  • When using the app, the DataCard field successfully allows searching and selecting multiple names from the employee People or Group list, but the Submit button does not work...when clicked, nothing happens.

Are there any suggestions for how I can change the DataType from Table to being Record, or what other steps I can take to correct this situation?

Thank you for your time and help.

Regards,

Jeff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Hi@JeffHarris,

Could you please share a bit more about the scenario, is this DataCardValue5 a ComboBox displaying the multiple people selected?

The DataCardValue5 control seems to be a TextInput rather than a COmboBox. Every Person column has a corresponding ComboBox within its own DataCard.

I assume that this DataCardValue5 is a ComboBox.

I have a test on my side, please take a try as below.

If you want to display ComboBox selected people with the Default property, you can modify your formula as below:

{Value:ThisItem.People}

Note: You can replace this 'People' column name with yours.

Best Regards,

Qi

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Super User III
Super User III

Can you show a screenshot of the datacard and the formula to make it clearer

------------

If you like this post, give a Thumbs up. Where it solved your request, Mark it as a Solution to enable other users find it.

Highlighted

Hi eka24,     Thank you for your reply.  Please find the attached screen shot of my PowerApps canvas app.  The image shows the DataCard selected and respective Default item that has the error.  The error appears to indicate that the choices a user selects in the app (per a People and Group column where data feeds to the associated SharePoint List) result in Data type: Table, but the app is expecting the Data type to be Record.

Before I changed the SP column settings from single entry to now multiple entries allowed, and changed the app DataCardValue5 (for the respective DataCard shown) for SelectMultiple from false to now true, all app fields and the Submit button worked correctly to accept user inputs in the app and feed/populate the SharePoint List when the user clicks the Submit button.  With the changes implemented to allow multiple entries, now there is the error on the DataCard  >  Default field and the Submit button does not work.

Thank you,
Jeff

Highlighted

Hi@JeffHarris,

Could you please share a bit more about the scenario, is this DataCardValue5 a ComboBox displaying the multiple people selected?

The DataCardValue5 control seems to be a TextInput rather than a COmboBox. Every Person column has a corresponding ComboBox within its own DataCard.

I assume that this DataCardValue5 is a ComboBox.

I have a test on my side, please take a try as below.

If you want to display ComboBox selected people with the Default property, you can modify your formula as below:

{Value:ThisItem.People}

Note: You can replace this 'People' column name with yours.

Best Regards,

Qi

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Hi Qi, Thank you kindly for your suggestion to use {Value:ThisItem.People} in the formula. That resolved the error I was receiving.

As always, thank you for your time and sharing.  The community is very helpful.

Thanks.
- Jeff

Helpful resources

Announcements
Community Conference

Power Platform Community Conference

Check out the on demand sessions that are available now!

News & Announcements

Community Blog

Stay up tp date on the latest blogs and activities in the community News & Announcements.

secondImage

Power Platform 2020 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2020 through March 2021

Community Highlights

Community Highlights

Check out the Power Platform Community Highlights

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors
Users online (11,825)