cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ebowditch
Frequent Visitor

Vertical Scroll Bar width

I have an app that allows users to track their calls, forward, etc. Written a while back - but one user has started seeing her scroll bar width go 'wide' (see bad scroll bar attachment). No one else has this problem (see good scroll bar attachment).

I thought it might a Windows setting, but nothing else (like excel) has fat scroll bars.

There was a posting about scroll bars overlapping controls on templates, but this is a canvas based app all the way, no templates involved.

Any advice? thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Alderney
Helper III
Helper III

Some people want to vary the width of the scroll bar, maybe if there's something in the settings, it might help those of us who want to the vary the width

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

I think you forgot your example images you referenced?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Like my answer? - Hit that Thumbs Up. Resolved the Issue? - Hit Accept as Solution.
This helps others find solutions to future issues!

I will try uploading again - maybe drag n drop vs browse will do the trick!

TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

Just to clarify, outside of excel only, have you tried things like the file explorer etc to ensure that scroll bar issue doesn't exist anywhere else?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Like my answer? - Hit that Thumbs Up. Resolved the Issue? - Hit Accept as Solution.
TheRobRush
Super User
Super User

If it is, I would start by checking what browser she is using, and if same as rest of team, clear her cache and ensure the browser is up to date

thanks, yes, I will check when she is available - thanks for speedy response!

Hi, finally getting caught up with this user - she is using Edge, she cleared her cache, no other apps show this behavior. Version 99.0.1150.46 (Official build) (64-bit). Still has the issue.

Alderney
Helper III
Helper III

Some people want to vary the width of the scroll bar, maybe if there's something in the settings, it might help those of us who want to the vary the width

That's a good point! Of course, the person experiencing the issue left for a different position so we may never know! But given aging populations and eyes etc. adjusting width could be like adjusting font, etc. Thanks!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Ignite 2022

WHAT’S NEXT AT MICROSOFT IGNITE 2022

Explore the latest innovations, learn from product experts and partners, level up your skillset, and create connections from around the world.

Power Apps Africa Challenge 2022

Power Apps Africa Challenge

Your chance to join an engaging competition of Power Platform enthusiasts.

Super User 2 - 2022 Congratulations

Welcome Super Users

The Super User program for 2022 - Season 2 has kicked off!

September Events 2022

Check out all of these events

Attend in person or online, there are incredible conferences and events happening all throughout the month of September.

Users online (3,967)