I added a delete button to the app that was working up until recently and I'm not sure why.
It's a button with the OnSelect as follows:
Remove(Case, GalleryCases.Selected); Back()
Anyone have a clue why it just randomly stopped working?
To test this issue, I create an app based on the Common Data Service Case entity.
On the BrowseScreen1, add a Button control and set its OnSelect property as Remove(Case,BrowseGallery1.Selected).
Then when I select a record, then click the button, the selected record will be deleted.
It works as expected on my side.
What’s the current PowerApps version on your side? Please make sure you are using the latest PowerApps version.
Could you please try again with it to see if it is working now?
If you are still getting this issue, please feel free post back.
I am using the web editor.
The button does take be back to the BrowseGallery like it should because of the Back() function.
But the case remaines there. I've noticed that the edit is adding the bolded text to the formula.
Remove(Case, GalleryCases.Selected); If (IsEmpty(Errors(Case, GalleryCases.Selected)), Back())
Thanks for updating.
I test this function on the Web Browser, with the same function, seems that the function works as expected.
I can remove selected item and back to the Gallery.
The remove function in my app also stopped working across all 3 data sources that I am using (SharePoint lists). I think that has something to do with the latest powerapps update as I havent made any changes and itmwas working fine for weeks. I am also experiencing issues with not being able to edit records properly (the record is not ownedby thismdata source error) which i think Microsoft are trying to fix based on other threads. So give it some time
Do you also have issues with editing records?
Remove is not entirely working for me either. For me, it's because if I have two instances of an app open and I update one, the other instance will not detect the change immediately to be removed. It's a special case though.
Try this to see if it is relevant to you:
Thanks for the suggestion - I have delete access to all the sources as I update them on the backend. Nothing was changed in the app, it just stopped working properly giving the 'this record is not owned by the data source' error as well as inability to remove records. I figured out that if I don't do any filtering on the datasource (SP list), then Remove() works. However, this was not the case several days ago, again the forumla hasn 't changed. I even tried to open all the previous 20 version of the same app that don't have very simple functionality and it still the same result or lack of. I think Microsoft have done something with their newest roll out that screwed up something.
I am able to edit cases perfectly fine.
It's just like for you, the remove function worked perfectly for weeks and all a sudden it just stopped. I chekced the permissions and it's all configured correctly.
IDK what else to do
Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.
Voting Ends: October 30, 2019!
Continue your learning in our online communities.
Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020
Coming to a city near you
Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!
Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round