cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FredG
Level: Powered On

Something changed recently? I can no longer drag and drop datacards inside my forms to reorder them?

I was still able to do this Wednesday or Thursday last week.

3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
PowerApps Staff CarlosFigueira
PowerApps Staff

Re: Something changed recently? I can no longer drag and drop datacards inside my forms to reorder t

There was a new release in which this functionality is currently broken - it should be fixed in an upcoming release.

[Edited] Apparently this is the new behavior - an "intended" change - not a bug. You can now reorder the cards using the instructions below. If you strongly believe that the previous behavior was expected, please reply to this thread or create a new feature request in the PowerApps Ideas board.

Meanwhile, you can use the form customization pane, which you can open by clicking the "Edit" button in the right-side pane when selecting a card, as shown below.

ReorderFormCards.gif

kagoodm

Re: Something changed recently? I can no longer drag and drop datacards inside my forms to reorder t

I wish they would put it back the way it was.  A workaround I was told to use is to go into App Settings -> Advanced Settings -> turn on the Render in classic mode slider.  

Highlighted
KK-Kalinga

5 REPLIES 5
PowerApps Staff CarlosFigueira
PowerApps Staff

There was a new release in which this functionality is currently broken - it should be fixed in an upcoming release.

[Edited] Apparently this is the new behavior - an "intended" change - not a bug. You can now reorder the cards using the instructions below. If you strongly believe that the previous behavior was expected, please reply to this thread or create a new feature request in the PowerApps Ideas board.

Meanwhile, you can use the form customization pane, which you can open by clicking the "Edit" button in the right-side pane when selecting a card, as shown below.

ReorderFormCards.gif

kagoodm

I wish they would put it back the way it was.  A workaround I was told to use is to go into App Settings -> Advanced Settings -> turn on the Render in classic mode slider.  

Highlighted
KK-Kalinga

understatedcool

Hi @CarlosFigueira - I think that this is the more intuitive solution. Regrettably, it seems that this behaviour is extremely buggy. Sometimes the ability to drag and drop customised cards simply fails. Attempting to grab the field to move it doesn't work and even trying to place another field between two custom fields will result in the drop not being allowed. Has anyone else reported this behaviour? Is there a known issue and if so, a workaround? 

jbryson

In my case, I have a grid of fields in the edit form.  I went back into app to add a row of 4 fields.  The 4th setup under my row.  In the past I could drag and drop the field.  Although I saw the move icon on hover, the drop would not work.  After viewing this I went into the customized field viewer pane and dragged one up to see if it work.  Not intuitive as it appeared I was putting ahead of the one that I wanted.. but the result was what I wanted.  It brought the field up a row.  Very frustrating but got it done.

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

PowerApps Monthly Community Call!

Join us next Wednesday for our Demo Extravaganza, October 16, 2019 8am PDT.

firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

SecondImage

Power Platform Summit North America

Register by September 5 to save $200

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 398 members 5,362 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: