cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Joko
Level: Powered On

Database connection with A1 Plus Plan

Good morning,

We are a school and using an A1 plan.  I have just discovered that i cannot use the gateway/SQL connector on this plan.  I have an app that will register a username & password.  I'm wondering with ever tightening budgets, is there a free way to store this information that isn't in an Excel document without having to purchase powerapps Plan 1/2?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Joko

Re: Database connection with A1 Plus Plan

Hi there,

Thanks for replying.

Yeah, so i didn't want users to create passwords and have them stored within plain text and due to our currently plan we cannot use the custom connectors.  So what i have thought to do, is still have the passwords stored in excel but have them more as 4 digit pin numbers.  This stops our staff from using passwords that 'may' be the same as any network passwords.  It's a huge shame that i cannot use my own SQL server, but this is a fitting work around.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Community Support Team
Community Support Team

Hi @Joko ,

Firstly,the reason why you can't use gateway is that gateway can only be used in customized environment.And,only Plan2 users can create customized environment.

Secondly,I would like to check some points:

1. Do you want to store username & password as a data source?
  2. What do you mean that the information isn't in an Excel document?May be you don't want to use an Excel document as data source?

Look forward to your reply.

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu

Community Support Team _ Phoebe Liu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Joko

Hi there,

Thanks for replying.

Yeah, so i didn't want users to create passwords and have them stored within plain text and due to our currently plan we cannot use the custom connectors.  So what i have thought to do, is still have the passwords stored in excel but have them more as 4 digit pin numbers.  This stops our staff from using passwords that 'may' be the same as any network passwords.  It's a huge shame that i cannot use my own SQL server, but this is a fitting work around.

Thanks.

View solution in original post

Helpful resources

Announcements
firstImage

Microsoft Business Applications Virtual Launch Event

Join us for an in-depth look at the new innovations across Dynamics 365 and the Microsoft Power Platform.

firstImage

Watch Sessions On Demand!

Continue your learning in our online communities.

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Power Platform 2019 release wave 2 plan

Features releasing from October 2019 through March 2020

FirstImage

Power Platform World Tour

Coming to a city near you

thirdimage

PowerApps Community User Group Member Badge

Fill out a quick form to claim your user group badge now!

FourthImage

Join PowerApps User Group!!

Connect, share, and learn with your peers year-round

Users Online
Currently online: 316 members 1,833 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: